Editor: Display Step
The display step is used to set when and where the campaign will show up. This ranges from the specific URLs a campaign can be shown on to the exact scroll position of a page that needs to be met before a campaign will trigger.
This is an optional setting to specify which pages the campaign can be shown on. This can be a fixed list of pages or expressions that match many pages. There are four matching strategies offered, each with its own advantages and drawbacks. Use them in combination for best effect.
- Simple – A fuzzy match that removes the URL protocol and query string before matching.
- Exact – The URL must match what is typed exactly. Protocol, query params, and all.
- Partial – The text specified must be a part of the URL.
Appears On Use Cases
1. Only show the campaign on the home page
Solution: Use a simple match for
2. Show the campaign on the blog, but nowhere else
Solution: Use a partial match for
3. Gate a specific resource
Solution: Use an exact match for
4. Show a referral thank you message on integration pages
Solution: Use a regex match for
Advanced Display Options
There are a variety of display options that, instead of using audiences for triggering, use the state of the active web session. They are all optional, but they can be helpful when optimizing a campaign.
- Show After x Page Views – Do not show the widget until the requesite number of pages have been visited.
- Show After x Seconds – Do not show the widget until the requesite number of seconds in the session have elapsed.
- Show after x% Page Scroll – Do not show the widget until the user has scrolled a certain percent of the page.
- Show On Exit Intent – Do not show the widget until the user is about to abandon the site.
- Show Up To x Times Per User, Ever – After the specified number of impressions, suppress the campaign forever for the current user.
- Show Up To x Times Per User Per Session – After the specified number of impressions, suppress the campaign for the current user. The count of impressions resets when the user ends their current session.
When User Clicks CTA...
- Hide After x Clicks – Put the campaign in hiding mode after the user has clicked the call to action the specified number of times.
- Hide For x Time – When a campaign is in hiding mode, it should hide for the specified number of seconds/hours/days/weeks.
- Hide Permanently – Instead of putting a campaign in hiding mode, never show it again for the current user.
The campaign timing allows for a campain to start at a future date and/or automatically end at a future date. Configuring the campaign timing is optional with the default starting time being the moment the campaign is published, and the default ending time being never. This results in a campaign that needs to be stopped by hand.