Lytics audiences contain a lot of information. The audience summary page is designed to provide insights into the current state of an audience as well as how the audience has changed over time.
From the Audience page, click any audience in the list to view its summary page.
- Audience name.
- ID if API access is enabled for the audience.
- Edit Button. Click to open the audience builder and edit the audience definition.
- Export button. Click to quickly export this audience to a connected integration.
- More Actions button. Click to reveal Duplicate and Delete options.
- The number of users in the audience.
- The percentage of your total users are in the audience.
- Change of audience size over the last 7 days.
- Change of audience size over the last 30 days.
- Audience size graph.
- Exports that are using this audience.
- A log of recent events relating to the audience, including export and edit events.
- A sample of users in the audience who have recently been active.
- Characteristics tab. Click to view the characteristics of users in this audience.
Audience Size Trends
Keep in mind that audiences are real time. This makes them quite different than the user lists in other marketing tools which are frozen in time and only change when you update the list. Audiences are filters applied to the total audience and will change whenever a user's behavior changes in a way that will add or remove them from the audience definition. In this way, tracking audience size over time is a powerful reporting tool.
For example, you create an audience that contains users who have visited the international news section of your website. Upon creation the audience contains 120,000 users. You then run a marketing campaign promoting your international news section. After one week, the audience has grown from 120,000 to 400,000 users with most of the growth occurring in the 24 after the campaign was launched. This is clear evidence that the campaign was effective, and most effective in the first 24 hours, at driving users to your international news section.