How the Lytics to Responsys Export Works
The Lytics to Responsys User export works by populating a Profile List with email addresses from the Lytics platform. You have two options for your approach:
- Identify a new or existing list within Responsys that you'd like Lytics to populate. After running the integration, Lytics will add email addresses to this list within Responsys.
- Identify an existing list in Responsys where you would like Lytics to add information about each user. This is useful if you'd like to enrich existing user data with up-to-date demographic and audience data from Lytics. In this case, Lytics will add two Profile Extension Tables containing demographic information that you choose (e.g. First Name, Last Name, Age, etc.) or Lytics audiences (e.g. Engaged user, Non engaged user, Has clicked email)
How to set up a Responsys Export
- In Responsys, create a new profile list or identify an existing profile list as a target to send email addresses
- In Lytics, create a new segment or identify a segment to export to Responsys. This list should be either a group of users you'd like to send a single email campaign to, or it should be a list of users you'd like to keep updated with Lytics information.
- Once you are viewing the segment you'd like to export in Lytics, click "Export" then "Responsys"
- In the Responsys export screen, fill out each of the required fields:
- List: The Responsys Profile List
- Source Segment: The Lytics segment
- Add Users: Select this option if you are starting with a new list or would like to add users to a list. If you are only hoping to add Lytics information for users that already exist in this list (see advanced options below) leave unchecked.
- Email: Select the Lytics Email field used for each user. Leave as the default selection of "Email" in almost all cases.
- To add additional information about the users being exported or schedule daily exports, expand the "Show Advanced Options" section.
- Additional Fields: Selecting any field in this list will create a Profile Extension table named "Lytics_User_Fields" linked to the Responsys Profile List being exported to. This feature is useful for pushing user demographic information such as Age, First Name, Last Name, or other data.
- Export Audience Memberships: Selecting any segment in this list will create a Profile Extension table named "Lytics_Audiences". This feature is useful if you'd like to update Responsys with multiple Lytics Segments, or to inform Responsys of when users leave or enter Lytics Segments. If this feature is not used, Lytics can only add users to a list, not remove them, and so you will not be able to recognize users that are no longer in a Lytics segment. A good use of this feature is to choose a Lytics segment that represents your entire Known userbase as the "Source Segment", and select multiple Lytics segments to track.
- Keep Updated: Selecting this box will cause the export to run once a day, respecting the "Time of Day" and "Timezone" selections below.
Note: If you have previously exported "Additonal Fields" or "Audience Memberships" to a Responsys profile list, it is important to manually delete the "Lytics_Audiences" or "Lytics_User_Fields" profile extension tables within the Responsys UI before starting a new export, or the export will fail. Lytics is not able to delete or modify these tables via this integration*