Optimizely Audience Integration
Connect Optimizely and Lytics for better brand experiences. Lytics connects your favorite marketing tools and data to Optimizely so you can truly get to know your audiences. It's like building a data science-driven laboratory for all of your experiments.
Watch a short example of how Lytics and Optimizely can supercharge personalized marketing by using cross-channel data.
Once you connect Optimizely, you can use Lytics' Behavioral audiences and weekly updates from your Audience Overview to gain predictive audiences for immediate use. It's the first step towards making every experience really count.
Use this guide to connect your Optimizely account with Lytics.
What You'll Learn
- What the Integration Does
- How to Install Optimizely
- How to Authenticate with Optimizely
- How to Export an Audience to Optimizely
- Additional Notes
Get in Touch for Help
If you need help with this integration, please get in touch with Customer Success. We're ready to lend a hand.
If you're all about trial and error, then read on, you mad marketing scientist.
What the Integration Does
Using the following integration you can leverage Lytics audiences and display targeted experiments to visitors based on their behavior. For example, users who are members of the Inactive audience might receive a special promotion in order to bring up their level of activity, while Power users are targeted and invited to leave reviews or praise your brand on Facebook.
It combines Lytics' deep multi-channnel user profiles (Twitter, Facebook, mobile, email, web, etc.) with the Optimizely CustomTags capability to drive personalization on the web.
How to Install Optimizely
Add the Optimizely Snippet: To drop in the Optimizely library, you will need to replace
[YOUR-OPTIMIZELY-ID]with the ID from your Optimizely account. This code should go just below the Lytics Tracking Tag above. All code should be located just below the opening
<body>tag of your site to prevent a flicker on load.
- Finally, you will need to make your audiences available to Optimizely by navigating to Manage Accounts -> Edit Master -> and selecting the check box next to Public Segments. Save your changes and you are ready to begin exporting audiences to Optimizely.
How to Authenticate with Optimizely
In Lytics, navigate to the Optimizely integration in the Integrations section.
If you have not previously done so, connect your Optimizely account to Lytics by selecting Export Audience. If you are using Optimizely Classic skip to step 6.
- If you are using Optimizely X, select Optimizely X from the Add new authorization dropdown.
- A popup window will appear asking you to grant Lytics permission to your Optimizely account. Click Accept.
- Enter a description of the auth in the Description text box, so it can be recognized from other auths. Click Authorize to complete the auth creation.
- If you are using Optimizely Classic, select Optimizely Classic from the Add new authorization dropdown on the authorizations page.
- You will need your Optimizely API Token, which you can find in the Optimizely dashboard under Account Settings. Select the Apps tab then click on Manage API tokens. This will open a new tab in your browser. You will need to generate a token if you have not previously done so. Tokens will appear in lower section under the Tokens header.
- Account Settings:
- Apps Tab:
- Manage Tokens:
- Enter your Optimizely API Token in the Token text box.
- Enter a description of this auth in the Description text box, so it can be recognized from other auths.
- Click Authorize to complete the auth creation.
How to Export an Audience to Optimizely
- In Lytics, navigate to the Optimizely integration in the Integrations section.
- If you have not previously done so, connect your Optimizely account to Lytics by following the instructions in How to Authenticate with Optimizely.
- After connecting your Optimizely account, select Export Audience.
- Select Start Export to begin sending all audiences in Lytics to Optimizely. The export will update every hour. Any new audience that you create and enable in Lytics will automatically be added to Optimizely's Audiences for you to target.
Changes to an audience's slug will not be updated in Optimizely. It is recommended that audience slugs not be changed if using this integration. If a audience slug must be changed, the Optimizely audiences for that audience will need to be updated manually in Optimizely for each project.
To show a Lytics audience the new experiment variation, you will need to change the traffic allocation. This can be found by navigating to Options -> Traffic Allocation.
Set the total traffic to 100%. Also, change the "Percentage of visitors who will see each variation" to 100% for your variation. Select Apply and the entire audience that you specified will see the new variation.