Improved Lytics Managed SFTP
We have started using a new service to provide our SSH File Transfer Protocol (SFTP) service for your Custom Integrations. This update allows for more fine-grained user access control and permission management.
If you haven’t used the Lytics managed SFTP service before, there is nothing you need to do. If you are currently using our SFTP service, continue reading as you may need to update your authorization credentials.
What do I need to do?
If you authorized the Lytics managed SFTP service after June 1, 2020, you don't need to do anything as you are using our current SFTP servers hosted at
If you authorized the Lytics managed SFTP service before June 1, 2020, you will need to create new credentials to access the new SFTP servers. All connections to the Lytics managed SFTP servers must be updated. Follow these steps to create your new credentials:
- Create a new username and password following these instructions.
- Note the hostname to access the SFTP service is changing from
- You will need to update any other external service that is reading from and writing to the Lytics managed SFTP service.
- With the new process, you can create unique credentials for each of the external services that connect to the Lytics managed SFTP servers. Each individual username will get their own directory in the SFTP, and will only have access to that folder.
- If you have current Lytics works running using the old authentication and are ready to switch over to using the new SFTP servers, please contact your Lytics Account Manager to update the works. Alternatively, you can manually update the works in the UI by duplicating the currently running work (as shown below), and then selecting the new SFTP credential that you just created.
When do I need to do this?
If you need to create new credentials because your SFTP authorization was set up before June 1, 2020, you'll need to make the update described above before October 1, 2020. On this date, Lytics will discontinue access to the SFTP servers hosted at
lytics.brickftp.com and it will be inaccessible through the username/password. Any files that are still on the old servers on October 31, 2020 will be deleted.
If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to your Account Manager.