Zendesk: Export Users
Export Lytics audiences to behavioral data and scoring from Lytics to reach the most relevant users in your Zendesk Support account.
- Implementation Type: Server-side.
- Implementation Technique: REST API.
- Frequency: Batch daily.
- Resulting data: Your Zendesk user profiles will be updated with data from the fields you select in the work configuration. Lytics audience membership is also added as attributes on the Zendesk profiles.
This integration utilizes the Zendesk Support API to import user data. Once the import is started the job will:
- Scan the members currently in the audiences configured in Audiences to Include. If no audiences are configured, all Lytics users will be exported.
- Send the users in batches of 100 via the
- Configured fields are sent in the requests so that fields are updated in Zendesk on every run.
- If the steps for Including Lytics Audience Information below are followed, fields will be added corresponding to the audiences the user is a member of. If Audiences to Include is populated, only those configured audiences will be added. Otherwise, all of the user's audiences will be added.
- After all users are sent, the job will sleep for 24 hours and then repeat the process.
By default, Lytics exports the following fields to Zendesk: Export Users:
|Lytics User Field||Description||Zendesk Field||Type|
|full_name||Full Name||Full Name||string|
|first_name||First Name||First Name||string|
|last_name||Last Name||Last Name||string|
Follow these steps to set up and configure an export job for Zendesk in the Lytics platform. If you are new to creating jobs in Lytics, see the Jobs Dashboard documentation for more information.
- Select Zendesk from the list of providers.
- Select the Export job type from the list.
- Select the Authorization you would like to use or create a new one.
- Enter a Label to identify this job you are creating in Lytics.
- (Optional) Enter a Description for further context on your job.
- Select the audiences to export.
- Complete the configuration steps for your job.
- If you wish to include audience information on the profiles exported to Zendesk, follow the instructions for Including Lytics Audience Information below.
- From the Full Name Field input, select the field that contains a user's full name.
- From the First Name Field input, select the field that contains a user's first name. Note that this is required if "Full Name Field" is not provided.
- From the Last Name Field input, select the field that contains a user's last name. Note that this is required if "Full Name Field" is not provided.
- From the Phone Number Field input, select the field that contains a user's phone number.
- From the Email Address Field input, select the field that contains a user's email address.
- From the Timezone Field input, select the field that contains a user's timezone.
- Click on the Show Advanced Options tab to expand the advanced configuration.
- From the Audiences to Include input, select the list of Lytics audiences you want to export to Zendesk. If this is left blank, all audiences that a user is a member of will be exported to Zendesk.
- From the Time of Day input, select the time of day to start export each day.
- From the Timezone input, select the timezone for the time of day.
- Click the Start Export button.
Including Lytics Audience Information
The first step in adding Lytics audience information to a Zendesk user is to create a new field in Zendesk to receive this information.
Start by clicking the gear Settings icon in Zendesk at the left of the screen. Then click on User Fields under the "Manage" heading, and click on the Text field type to create a new field:
Click Create Field and you're ready to get Lytics audience information into Zendesk.
Start a Zendesk Export like in the section above and use the audience selector to tell Lytics which lists you want to be visible in Zendesk. After you click Start Export, your Zendesk users will be updated with the names of the Lytics audiences they belong to. Lytics will update this information daily, along with any other fields you selected in the configuration steps above.