Zendesk Connect: Audience Export
Zendesk Connect manages proactive customer communication across channels, to deliver better customer experiences at scale. Export Lytics audiences to Zendesk Connect to reach your desired audiences on Zendesk Connect channels.
- Implementation Type: Server-side.
- Implementation Technique: REST API with Audience triggers.
- Frequency: Real-time.
- Resulting data: User Profiles and User Fields.
Users are updated in Zendesk according to the Identifier Field selected in the configuration. If the user does not yet exist in Zendesk, it will be created.
User fields selected in the configuration will be added to the Zendesk profile as user attributes. An additional attribute will be added, which will include the slug of the Lytics audience being exported and the current membership status for the user in the audience, e.g.
This integration utilizes the Zendesk Connect API to send user data. Once the export is started the job will:
- Enter events will be generated for all current members of the audience if the Existing Users option is selected during the Configuration.
- Every time a user enters or exits the audience, the export will send the user and its fields via the
/v2/identify/batchendpoint. If the event is an enter, the audience slug attribute will be set to
true. If the event is an exit, the audience slug attribute will be set to
- Mapped fields are updated in Zendesk every time an event for the user is processed.
By default, Lytics exports the following fields to Zendesk Connect.
|Lytics User Field||Description||Zendesk Connect Field||Type|
|email optional||Email Address||first_name||string|
|first_name optional||First Name||first_name||string|
|last_name optional||Last Name||last_name||string|
Follow these steps to set up and configure an export job for Zendesk in the Lytics platform. If you are new to creating jobs in Lytics, see the Jobs Dashboard documentation for more information
- Select Zendesk from the list of providers.
- Select the Export job type from the list.
- Select the Authorization you would like to use or create a new one.
- Enter a Label to identify this job you are creating in Lytics.
- (Optional) Enter a Description for further context on your job.
- Select the audience to export.
- Complete the configuration steps for your job.
- From the Identifier Field input, select the field that contains a user's identifier.
- (optional) From the Email Field input, select the field that contains a user's email.
- (optional) From the First Name Field input, select the field that contains a user's first name.
- (optional) From the Last Name Field input, select select the field that contains a user's last name.
- (optional) From the Fields to Export input, select a list of user fields to export.
- Select the Existing Users checkbox, select to immediately push users who currently exist in the selected Lytics audience. Deselecting will only push users as they leave or enter the audience.
- Click the Start Export button.