Wistia: Import Activity
Import Wistia video activity to add video viewing behavior data to your user profiles in Lytics. Once imported, this data enables you to target users based on their video viewing habbits in your multi-channel marketing experiences orchestrated by Lytics.
- Implementation Type: Server-side.
- Implementation Technique: REST API.
- Frequency: Hourly batch.
- Resulting data: New user profiles for Wistia users not already tracked in Lytics. Or new user fields containing video activity data for users profiles that already exist in Lytics.
This integration utilizes the Wistia Stats API to retrieve event data:
- Request activity data from the last hour.
- Calculate the time viewed for viewing session.
- Ingest the data in the Lytics data stream
The following fields are included in the default mapping of the
|Source Field||Lytics User Field||Description||Type|
|country||wistia_country||Wistia Last Viewed Country||string|
|region||wistia_state||Wistia Last Viewed State||string|
|duration_viewed||wistia_duration_viewed||Wistia Last Viewed Duration||number|
|media_name||wistia_media_names||Wistia Viewed Media Names||string|
|city||wistia_city||Wistia Last Viewed City||string|
|media_id, percent_viewed||wisita_media_percent||Wisita Viewed Media Percent||map[string]number|
|org||wistia_org||Wistia Last Viewed Org||string|
|percent_viewed||wistia_percent_viewed||Wistia Last Viewed Percent||number|
|media_id||wisita_media_ids||Wistia Viewed Media IDs||string|
|media_id, duration_viewed||wistia_media_duation||Wistia Viewed Media Duration||map[string]number|
|visitor_key||wistia_visitor_key ||Wistia Visitor Key||string|
|conversion_data.email||email ||Email Address||string|
Follow these steps to set up an import job for Wistia. If you are new to creating jobs in Lytics, see the Jobs Dashboard documentation for more information.
- Select Wistia from the list of providers.
- Select the Import Activity Data from the list.
- Select the Authorization you would like to use or create a new one.
- Enter a Label to identify this job you are creating in Lytics.
- (Optional) Enter a Description for further context on your job.
- (Optional) Enter the Start Date to start importing Wistia activity data from this date. Please use the format
yyyy-mm-dd(e.g. 2019-03-27). If left empty, only new viewing activity will be pulled in.
- Select Keep Updated to continually pull in activity data.
- Click Start Import.