Taboola Cookie Sync
- Implementation Type: Client-side push integration.
- Frequency: Real-time.
- Resulting data: Lytics cookie IDs in Taboola and Taboola IDs populated in Lytics profiles.
taboola data stream in Lytics.
The following fields are included in the default mapping of the
|Source Field||Lytics User Field||Description||Type|
|taboola_id||taboola_id ||Taboola Cookie ID||string|
- In the Lytics platform, go to Manage Account > Tag and enable the Taboola sync in your account settings by checking the box and saving the changes.
- Also ensure that
taboolais not included on your integration blocklist setting.
Once enabled, you can visit your website and test to verify the integration. You should see
taboola_ids populated in the
taboola data stream in the Lytics data streams shortly.
Testing & Verification
Follow these steps to verify the successful setup of the integration in your browser.
- In a new tab or window of your browser, open your developer tools. These instructions pertain to Google Chrome, but other browsers with Network tracking developer tools will work as well.
- Visit the website where you have the Lytics tag installed after following the configuration instructions.
- In the network tab of your developer tools, look for an API request containing the URL
https://trc.taboola.com/sg/lytics. If found, this means that Lytics is successfully initiating the cookie sync.
- Also in the network tab, look for an API request containing
https://c.lytics.io/c/provider/taboola. This is the URL that Taboola will redirect to containing the proper data as query params to complete the cookie sync.
- If both API calls are appearing you should be able to see data populated in the
tabooladata stream within Lytics shortly.
For additional assistance in testing or troubleshooting the integration, feel free to reach out to Lytics support.