Snowflake: Import Data
This workflow allows you to import data from a Snowflake table or view into Lytics, resulting in new user profiles or updates to fields on existing profiles.
Before you begin this workflow, you need to make sure that the database, schema, and table or view from which you would like to import data is shared with the Lytics Snowflake account. Please contact Lytics Support to proceed.
- Implementation Type: Server-side.
- Implementation Technique: REST API.
- Frequency: Batch.
- Resulting Data: User profiles, user fields, and raw event data.
This integration leverages Snowflake's Secure Data Sharing to import table or view data. On every run, this workflow will:
Import the file from GCS into the selected Lytics data stream.
Fields imported through Snowflake will require custom data mapping. For assistance mapping your custom data to Lytics user fields, please contact Lytics Support.
Follow these steps to set up and configure an import of Snowflake data in the Lytics platform.
- Navigate to Snowflake in the Integrations section of Lytics.
- Select Workflows from the menu on the left.
- Select Import Data from the list of workflows.
- Select the authorization you would like to use.
- Using the Source Type dropdown menu, select whether to import from a Snowflake table or view.
- Using the Source dropdown menu, select the table or view you wish to import.
- In the Timestamp Field text input, enter the name of the field containing the event timestamp. On continuous imports, the most recent time in this field will be saved. On the next import, only rows with a timestamp later than that value will be imported.
- Enter name of the Lytics Stream where the data will be imported.
- Select the Keep Updated checkbox to continuously run this import. If this option is selected, the a Timestamp Field must be provided.
- Click Start Import.