Snowflake: Import Data
This workflow allows you to import data from a Snowflake table or view into Lytics, resulting in new user profiles or updates to fields on existing profiles.
- Implementation Type: Server-side.
- Implementation Technique: REST API.
- Frequency: Batch.
- Resulting Data: User profiles, user fields, and raw event data.
This integration ingests data from your Snowflake account by directly querying the table or view selected during configuration. Once started, the workflow will:
Run a query to select and order the rows that have yet to be imported. If the import is continuous, the workflow will save the timestamp of the last row seen, only the most recent data will be imported during future importa.
Once the query completes, the result set will be imported in batches, starting from the oldest row.
Once the last row is imported, if the workflow is configured to run continuously, it will sleep until the next run. The time between runs can be selected during configuration.
Fields imported through Snowflake will require custom data mapping. For assistance mapping your custom data to Lytics user fields, please contact Lytics Support.
Follow these steps to set up and configure an import of Snowflake data in the Lytics platform.
- Navigate to Snowflake in the Integrations section of Lytics.
- Select Workflows from the menu on the left.
- Select Import Data from the list of workflows.
- Select the authorization you would like to use.
- Using the Source Type dropdown menu, select whether to import from a Snowflake table or view.
- Using the Source dropdown menu, select the table or view you want to import.
- In the Modified Timestamp Field text input, enter the name of the field containing the event timestamp. On continuous imports, the most recent time in this field will be saved. On the next import, only rows with a timestamp later than that value will be imported.
- Enter name of the Lytics Stream where the data will be imported.
- Select the Keep Updated checkbox to continuously run this import. If this option is selected, the a Timestamp Field must be provided.
- Using the Frequency dropdown menu, select how often the import should run.
- Click Start Import.