Snowflake: Import Data
Import data from a Snowflake table or view into Lytics, resulting in new user profiles or updates to fields on existing profiles.
- Implementation Type: Server-side.
- Implementation Technique: REST API.
- Frequency: Batch.
- Resulting Data: User profiles, user fields, and raw event data.
This integration ingests data from your Snowflake account by directly querying the table or view selected during configuration. Once started, the job will:
Run a query to select and order the rows that have yet to be imported. If the import is continuous, the job will save the timestamp of the last row seen, only the most recent data will be imported during future importa.
Once the query completes, the result set will be imported in batches, starting from the oldest row.
Once the last row is imported, if the job is configured to run continuously, it will sleep until the next run. The time between runs can be selected during configuration.
Fields imported through Snowflake will require custom data mapping. For assistance mapping your custom data to Lytics user fields, please contact Lytics Support.
Follow these steps to set up and configure an import of Snowflake data in the Lytics platform. If you are new to creating jobs in Lytics, see the Jobs Dashboard documentation for more information.
- Select Snowflake from the list of providers.
- Select the Import Audiences and Activity Data job type from the list.
- Select the Authorization you would like to use or create a new one.
- Enter a Label to identify this job you are creating in Lytics.
- (Optional) Enter a Description for further context on your job.
Complete the configuration steps for your job.
Using the Database dropdown menu, select the database you would like to import data from.
- Using the Source Type dropdown menu, select whether to import from a Snowflake table or view.
- Using the Source dropdown menu, select the table or view you want to import.
- In the Modified Timestamp Field text input, enter the name of the field containing the event timestamp. On continuous imports, the most recent time in this field will be saved. On the next import, only rows with a timestamp later than that value will be imported.
- Enter name of the Lytics Stream where the data will be imported.
- (optional) Select the Keep Updated checkbox to import table or view continuously.
- (optional) From the Frequency input, select the frequency at which to run the import.
- (Optional) Toggle Show Advanced Options.
- (optional) From the Event Timestamp Field input, select enter a timestamp field to use as the event timestamp in Lytics. If none is entered, Modified Timestamp Field will be used.
- (optional) In the Events Since text box, enter enter the earliest date from which to import events. Only events that occurred after this date will be imported. RFC3339 formatted (i.e.
- Click the Start Import button.