Salesforce: Import Custom Object
Importing custom objects from Salesforce allows you to enrich Lytics profiles with sales and CRM data from your Salesforce account. This will aid in targeting for your marketing efforts.
- Implementation Type: Server-side.
- Implementation Technique: REST API.
- Frequency: One time batch or daily continuous updates.
- Resulting data: Raw data which may be mapped as custom user fields.
This integration utilizes Salesforce APIs to import user data. Once the import is started the job will:
- Request a set of information from the configured Salesforce object.
- Ingest data from the Salesforce object to the data stream stream defined during configuration.
The job will run again in 24 hours if configured to run continuously.
Lytics will import any fields that are selected during the job configuration. Because the imported fields are custom you will need custom queries in place to map the fields. Please contact Lytics support for assistance.
Follow these steps to set up and configure an import of Salesforce in the Lytics platform.
- Select Salesforce from the list of providers.
- Select the Import Custom Object job type from the list.
- Select the Authorization you would like to use or create a new one.
- Enter a Label to identify this job you are creating in Lytics.
- (Optional) Enter a Description for further context on your job.
- Using the Stream text input, select an existing stream to write to, or enter a new stream name.
- From the Maximum Daily API Calls numeric field, select the maximum number of API calls the Lytics job can make on your behalf per day.
- From the Salesforce Object input, select the Salesforce object you want to import.
- From the Salesforce Fields input, select fields to import.
- Toggle the Keep Updated checkbox to continuously run this export.
- Click Start Import.
You should see the custom Salesforce object data populated in the stream selected shortly after starting the job.