If you haven't already done so, you will need to set up a Salesforce account before you begin the process described below. Salesforce supports OAuth2, which allows you to simply enter your username and password to connect Lytics with Salesforce.
The user connecting to Salesforce must have the API Enabled and Offline User permissions within Salesforce. You can read more on Salesforce permissions.
If you are new to creating authorizations in Lytics, see the Authorizations Dashboard documentation for more information.
- Select Salesforce from the list of providers.
- Select the OAuth2 method for authorization.
- Input your Salesforce username and password into the login screen.
- Enter a Label to identify your authorization.
- (Optional) Enter a Description for further context on your authorization.
- Click Save Authorization.