Salesforce Marketing Cloud: Trigger Journey
Push users into a Marketing Cloud journey when users enter a Lytics audience to send event-driven, responsive campaigns across any channel.
- Implementation Type: Server-side.
- Implementation Technique: REST API and SOAP API.
- Frequency: Real-time.
- Resulting data: Selected data is sent to Marketing Cloud journey.
This integration utilizes the SOAP and REST APIs to push data to a Marketing Cloud journey. When the export is started the job will:
- As users enter the selected Lytics audience, a Marketing Cloud journey event is fired with the selected user data being mapped to data fields.
There are two required fields,
EventDefinitionKey, that are selected in configuring the job and sent to the Marketing Cloud journey. Additional Lytics user fields can be mapped to Marketing Cloud journey data fields when setting up the job.
Follow these steps to set up and configure the export to a Marketing Cloud journey in the Lytics platform. If you are new to creating jobs in Lytics, see the Jobs Dashboard documentation for more information.
- Select Salesforce Marketing Cloud from the list of providers.
- Select the Export Audiences to Trigger Journey job type from the list.
- Select the Authorization you would like to use or create a new one.
- From the Audience input, select the Lytics audience to send to Marketing Cloud.
- Select the Event Definition to select the Marketing Cloud Event Definition to write to. This selection is populated from Marketing Cloud.
- From the Map Fields , select all the fields to send to Marketing Cloud by mapping the Lytics user profile field on the left to the Marketing Cloud field on the right.
- From the Contact Key input, select the mapped field from above that contains the ID that uniquely identifies a Marketing Cloud subscriber.
- From the Audience Field input, select a field to write the additional Lytics audiences to.
- From the Additional Audience Membership input, select additional Lytics audiences to send to the Audience Field specified above. Audience slugs will be sent concatenated by a comma, field may be limited by size
- From the Existing Users checkbox, trigger events for users who already exist in the selected Lytics audience. The default option is to leave this unchecked and only initiate events as users enter the Lytics audience from the start of the work onward. However, to send events for all the users that are currently in the Lytics audience, check this checkbox.
- Click Start Export.
This export will run continuously until it is terminated by a user. For every new user that enters the chosen Lytics audience, the selected data will be written to the Marketing Cloud trigger journey data extension within a couple of minutes.