Salesforce Marketing Cloud: Import from Data Extension
Data Extensions can be used to store a wide variety of information in Salesforce Marketing Cloud. The Data Extension Import allows you to bring that data into Lytics to get a more complete picture of your users.
- Implementation Type: Server-side.
- Implementation Technique: REST and SOAP APIs.
- Frequency: Batch (continuous update by default).
- Resulting data: User profiles, user fields, raw event data, or metrics.
This integration utilizes the Salesforce Marketing Cloud APIs to send user data. Once the import is started the workflow will:
- Construct the retrieve request for the Data Extension's rows.
- If no timestamp field was selected, or this is the first run of the import, all rows are requested.
- If a timestamp field was selected, and this is not the first run of the export, the rows are filtered to only include rows with a timestamp later than the last timestamp previously imported.
- Page through the retrieved Data Extension's rows and ingest them into the selected data stream.
There are no default mapped fields because of the variety of information that can be stored in a Data Extension. You will select which Fields to import during the configuration described below.
Follow these steps to set up and configure an import of Salesforce Marketing Cloud data in the Lytics platform.
- Navigate to the Integrations page and select Salesforce Marketing Cloud.
- Select Workflows from the menu on the left.
- Select Import from Data Extension from the list of Workflows.
- Select the authorization you would like to use.
- From the Data Extension input, select the Marketing Cloud Data Extension to import data from.
- From the Stream text input, enter the data stream you would like to import data to.
- From the Timestamp Field input, select the field that represents the event time for the data in the Data Extension. If this field is not selected for a continuous import, all data will be imported during each cycle.
- From the Fields input, select the fields to import from the Data Extension.
- Select the Keep Updated checkbox to run this import continuously. A timestamp field should be selected to prevent duplicate data.
- Click on the Show Advanced Options tab to expand the advanced configuration.
- From the Import Frequency input, choose how often a continuous import should attempt to read new data.
- From the Time of Day input, select the time of day to start the import.
- From the Timezone input, select the timezone for the time of day.
- Click Start Import to begin the workflow.