Salesforce Marketing Cloud: Export Audiences
Exporting a Lytics audience to Salesforce Marketing Cloud data extensions allows you to send email, push notifications, or SMSs to your users based on your own, relevant targeting criteria, such as cross-channel behavior, content affinities, and more.
- Implementation Type: Server-side.
- Implementation Technique: REST API and SOAP API.
- Frequency: Batch (continuous update by default).
- Resulting data: Data pushed to a Marketing Cloud data extension.
This integration utilizes both the Marketing Cloud REST and SOAP APIs to push a Lytics Audience to a data extension in Marketing Cloud.
- When a new job is started, a new Marketing Cloud data extension is created with a single column containing the selected identifier field, usually
Marketing Cloud subscriber key. The new data extension is named with the Lytics audience slug, prefixed with
- That selected ID for the users in the Lytics audience will be continually updated in the data extension, with IDs being added or removed by calling a DataExtensionObject remove call as users enter/exit the audience.
- When exporting to an existing data extension, all Lytics fields that you map to data extension fields through the Lytics UI will be populated when available.
There are no default fields exported into the data extension. If you are creating a new data extension, you will select a field to be the Marketing Cloud subscriber key. Usually email or the Marketing Cloud subscriber key is selected as the identifier. If you are exporting to an existing data extension, you will map the Lytics fields to your data extension fields during the configuration.
Follow these steps to set up and configure an export from Lytics to a Marketing Cloud Data Extension.If you are new to creating jobs in Lytics, see the Jobs Dashboard documentation for more information.
- Select Salesforce Marketing Cloud from the list of providers.
- Select the Export Audiences job type from the list.
- Select the Authorization you would like to use or create a new one.
- Use the Audiences dropdown to select the Lytics audience that contains the users that you would like to export to Salesforce Marketing Cloud.
- Using the Data Extension Name dropdown, select New Data Extension if you would like to export to a new data extension. If you would like to export to an existing data extension, select the name of the data extension from the drop down list.
- Use the Subscriber Key Field dropdown to select the key field to export to the data extension. This can be used to join the data extension. NOTE: This field must also be mapped as described in the next step and shown in the image below.
- If you are exporting to an existing data extension, use the Map Fields section to map Lytics fields on the left, to your data extension fields on the right. NOTE: If you have selected New Data Extension, there will be no mappable fields since they do not exist in the Data Extension yet.
- Select the Existing Users checkbox if you want to add users who already exist in the selected Lytics audiences.
- Click Start Export.
User subscriber keys should be available in the Marketing Cloud data extension within a few minutes of starting the export.