Salesforce Marketing Cloud: Export Lists
This job type allows you to sync Lytics audiences and profile data in real-time to Salesforce Marketing Cloud for targeting your email communications.
- Implementation Type: Server-side.
- Implementation Technique: SOAP API, Audience triggers.
- Frequency: Real-time.
- Resulting data: Each profile in the Lytics audience is added to the Marketing Cloud list as a Subscriber. User fields are included as Subscriber Attributes.
This integration utilizes the Marketing Cloud SOAP API to send user data. Once the export is started the job will:
- If the Existing Users option is selected (see below), the job will generate enter events for every user in the Lytics audience. After these are processed via steps 2-4 below, the job will listen for enter/exit events and process them accordingly.
- Ensure the user has an email field.
- Package the user as a Marketing Cloud Subscriber. If fields are mapped (see step 8 of Configuration), they are added to the subscriber as attributes.
- If it's an enter event, the user is added to the list using a SOAP "CREATE" method. If the user already exists, it will be added to the list and updated with the mapped fields.
If it's an exit event, one of the following will occur:
- If the Unsubscribe on Exit option is NOT selected, the event will be ignored.
- If the Unsubscribe on Exit option is selected, the user will be unsubscribed from the list via the process described here.
By default, Lytics exports the following field to Salesforce Marketing Cloud for the Export Lists job.
|Lytics User Field||Description||SFMC Field||Type|
Follow these steps to set up and configure an export of lists to Salesforce Marketing Cloud from the Lytics platform. If you are new to creating jobs in Lytics, see the Jobs Dashboard documentation for more information.
- Select Salesforce Marketing Cloud from the list of providers.
- Select the Export Audiences (Lists) job type from the list.
- Select the Authorization you would like to use or create a new one.
- From the Audience dropdown, choose the Lytics audience to send to Marketing Cloud.
- From the Email Field dropdown, select the field that has the user's email.
- From the List to Update input, select the Marketing Cloud list to update. If none is selected, a new list will be created with the form
- From the Map Fields, select all the fields to send to Marketing Cloud by mapping the Lytics user profile field on the left to the Marketing Cloud field on the right.
- (Optional) From the Subscriber Key Field input, select the Lytics field containing the subscriber key for the exported list. It allows multiple Marketing Cloud subscribers to have the same email address.
- (Optional) Select the Existing Users checkbox to immediately push users who currently exist in the selected Lytics audience. Deselecting will only push users as they enter or exit the audience.
- (Optional) Select the Unsubscribe on Exit checkbox to unsubscribe a user from the list when they exit the Lytics audience. Deselecting will ignore exit events
- Click Start Export.