Sailthru: Export Audiences (Lifecycle Optimizer)
Sailthru Lifecycle Optimizer allows you to automate email campaigns based on user events, such as entering an audience. By exporting your Lytics audiences in real-time, you can activate automated interactions with your users immediately as changes to their profiles are processed.
- Implementation Type: Server-side.
- Implementation Technique: REST API with audience triggers or other
- Frequency: Real-time.
- Resulting data: A Sailthru list containing users currently in the Lytics audience. The name of Sailthru audience will be "Lytics " followed by the audience name that is being exported (e.g. Lytics All). Any user fields selected in the configuration will be sent and associated with the user in Sailthru.
This integration utilizes the Sailthru API to send user data. Once the export is started the job will:
- Make a scan of the current members of the Lytics audience and send them to Sailthru via the
/userendpoint. If a corresponding audience does not yet exist in Sailthru, one will be created.
- The job will listen for changes to the Lytics audience being exported. Users are sent to Sailthru one at a time via the
- When new users enter the audience, they will be added to the corresponding Sailthru audience.
- When users leave the audience, they will be removed from the Sailthru audience.
By default, Lytics exports the following fields to Sailthru
|Lytics User Field||Description||Sailthru Field||Type|
Set up Lifecycle Optimizer
Before configuring an export job in Lytics, you will need to set up Lifecycle Optimizer in your Sailthru account.
- Login to your Sailthru account and navigate to Communications > Lifecycle Optimizer.
- Set up a Lifecycle Optimizer flow schedule by declaring what Action should happen when a user joins a specified list (only List Joined option will work in the Entry part of the Lifecycle Optimizer flow).
- The list should be named
Lyticsfollowed by the audience name you want to export from Lytics. Either create a new list corresponding to the audience from the Users > Lists or use an existing list.
See the Sailthru Lifecycle Optimizer documentation for more information.
Follow these steps to set up and configure an export job for Sailthru in the Lytics platform. If you are new to creating jobs in Lytics, see the Jobs Dashboard documentation for more information.
- Select Sailthru from the list of providers.
- Select the Export Audiences (Lifecycle Optimizer) job type from the list.
- Select the Authorization you would like to use or create a new one.
- Enter a Label to identify this job you are creating in Lytics.
- (Optional) Enter a Description for further context on your job.
- Select the audience to export.
- Complete the configuration steps for your job.
- (Optional) Select the Existing Users checkbox to add users who already exist in the selected Lytics audiences.
- From the Email Field input, select the field name that contains the user's email.
- (Ooptional) From the Fields to Export input, select a list of user fields to export.
- Click Start Export.