Retention Science: Export Audiences
Export your Lytics audiences to Retention Science to leverage rich user data from Lytics in your email automation programs.
- Implementation Type: Server-side.
- Implementation Technique: REST API.
- Frequency: Batch for the initial backfill of users. After initial user export, it is Real Time
- Resulting data: Users will be created or updated in Retention Science.
This integration utilizes the Retention Science Data API to send user data. Once the export is started the job will:
- Scan the whole Lytics audience and create a CSV with the selected user attributes to send to Retention Science.
- The CSV is sent to the Retention Science import job endpoint.
The CSV export happens only for the initial export of users. Once users are exported and Retention Science successfully completes the import job users are sent as they enter or exit the audience.
There are no default fields that Lytics exports to Retention Science, but at least one user field must be chosen when setting up the job as described below.
Follow these steps to set up and configure an audience export to Retention Science from the Lytics platform. If you are new to creating jobs in Lytics, see the Jobs Dashboard documentation for more information.
- Select Retention Science from the list of providers.
- Select the Export Audiences job type from the list.
- Select the Authorization you would like to use or create a new one.
- Enter a Label to identify this job you are creating in Lytics.
- (Optional) Enter a Description for further context on your job.
- From the Audience input, select a Lytics audience to export to Retention Science.
- From the Map Fields input, map fields from Lytics to Retention Science by selecting the Lytics field on the left, and its Retention Science destination on the right. NOTE: At least one field is required.
- Click Start Export. The import job will be queued by Retention Science and should be processed within an hour. Once Retention Science processes the initial import job updates from Lytics will be sent in real time.