PostUp: Export Audiences
Improve and refine your email targeting on PostUp by exporting Lytics audiences containing real-time, event-driven recipient updates.
- Implementation Type: Server-side.
- Implementation Technique: Audience triggers.
- Frequency: Real-time.
- Resulting data: Updates to users in Lytics are transmitted to PostUp lists. New recipients are added, existing recipients are updated. Recipients are never removed from PostUp lists.
This integration utilizes the PostUp REST API to create and update recipients in PostUp lists.
- If no existing PostUp list is specified, one will be created.
- As users enter the Lytics audience being exported, they will be created and added to the PostUp list.
- If users are exiting the selected Lytics audience, you can configure the job to remove users from PostUp list.
- User updates are pushed to PostUp in batches via the PostUp import endpoint. As users are updated in Lytics, updates are pushed to PostUp and the selected field mappings are modified.
By default, Lytics exports the following field to PostUp:
|Lytics User Field||Description||___ Field||Type|
Lytics fields can be mapped to a selection of standard PostUp fields. You can also map to custom PostUp fields, which must be first created in PostUp:
- From the PostUp main menu, select Settings.
- Select Custom Fields.
- At the bottom of the page, under Add New Field, type your field name and select the appropriate type (note: Lytics does not support types
- Click Save.
In the Lytics UI, select field mappings as described in step 11 below.
Follow these steps to set up and configure an export of an Audience in the Lytics platform. If you are new to creating jobs in Lytics, see the Jobs Dashboard documentation for more information.
- Select PostUp from the list of providers.
- Select the Export Audiences job type from the list.
- Select the Authorization you would like to use or create a new one.
- Enter a Label to identify this job you are creating in Lytics.
- (Optional) Enter a Description for further context on your job.
- Select the audience to export.
- Complete the configuration steps for your job.
- Audience: select the Lytics audience to sync to a PostUp list.
- PostUp List: (optional) select the PostUp list to update. If no list is selected, a new list will be created in PostUp called "Lytics + audience tag".
- Email Field: Lytics field name that contains the user’s email. The Lytics Email Address is the default.
- Identifier Field Mapping: (optional) select the Lytics fields you would like to export, along with your desired corresponding PostUp fields.
- Remove Subscribers from List: (optional) check to remove a user from the selected PostUp list when that user exits the selected Lytics audience.
- Click Start Export.