Pinterest: Export Audience
Sync Lytics audiences with Pinterest to identify and target the right users to improve the performance of your campaigns.
- Implementation Type: Server-side
- Implementation Technique: REST API, Audience triggers
- Frequency: Real-time
- Resulting data: Pinterest Customer Lists populated with users from the selected Lytics audience.
This integration uses the Pinterest Marketing API to send the Lytics audience users. Once the job is started, it will:
Scan the selected Lytics audience and get each user's configured identifier. The job will then use Pinterest's Update Customer List endpoint to send users to your Pinterest Customer List.
The export job will run continuously. As users enter or exit the Lytics audience, they will be added to the queue. The queue will be sent to Pinterest every 5 minutes or or when the queue reaches 10,000 users, whichever comes first. For the users that enter the Lytics audience, the job will add the user in the Pinterest Customer List and will remove the user from it as the users exit the Lytics audience.
The export job gives you an option to send Email, SHA256 Email, or Mobile Ad ID (MAID) to Pinterest to use as the identifier to match users. You can send Email, SHA256 Email, or Mobile Ad ID (MAID) as part of job configuration. A list can only contain one identifier type. All identifiers will be cryptographically hashed with SHA-256 algorithm, if not already SHA-256 hashed.
Follow these steps to set up and configure an export job for Pinterest in the Lytics platform. If you are new to creating jobs in Lytics, see the Jobs Dashboard documentation for more information.
- Select Pinterest from the list of providers.
- Select the export job type from the list.
- Select the Authorization you would like to use or create a new one.
- Enter a Label to identify this job you are creating in Lytics.
- (Optional) Enter a Description for further context on your job.
- Select the audience to export to Pinterest.
- From the Pinterest Ad Account input, select which Pinterest Ad account to create or select the customer list.
- (optional) From the Customer List input, select which Pinterest Customer List to append to. If no list is selected, a new Customer List will be created with name formatted as
Lytics audience-name unix-ts
- (optional) From the Email input, select which field contains the user's email. If selected, customer list must by type EMAIL.
- (optional) From the SHA256 Email input, if email addresses are already hashed in Lytics, select which field contains the SHA256 hashed email. If selected, customer list must by type EMAIL.
- (optional) From the Mobile ID input, select which field contains the user's mobile ID. A list can only contain one identifier type. If selected, customer list must by type MAID.
- Click the Start job button to start the job