Marketo: Export Audiences
Export Lytics audiences to Marketo to refine your targeting and personalization efforts for high-value prospects.
- Implementation Type: Server-side.
- Implementation Technique: REST API and File Based Transfer.
- Frequency: Batch.
- Resulting data:
All users in the selected audience will be scanned. User fields will be written to a CSV file in a format expected by Marketo. The file is transmitted via the
/bulk/v1/leadsendpoint, processed by Marketo and converted into leads in your Marketo account.
This integration utilizes the Marketo REST API to send user data. Once the export is started the job will:
- Scan the audience you wish to export.
- For each user in the audience, write that user's email and any mapped fields to a CSV file.
- Transmit the file to Marketo via the
/bulk/v1/leads. If errors are encountered, the export will retry transmission after 15 minutes.
- If the export is configured to run continuously, steps 1 through 3 will be executed every 24 hours.
By default, Lytics exports the following fields to Marketo:
|Lytics User Field||Description||Marketo Field||Type|
Follow these steps to set up an export job for Marketo. If you are new to creating jobs in Lytics, see the Jobs Dashboard documentation for more information.
- Select Marketo from the list of providers.
- Select the Export Audiences from the list.
- Select the Authorization you would like to use or create a new one.
- Enter a Label to identify this job you are creating in Lytics.
- (Optional) Enter a Description for further context on your job.
- Select the Source Audience to export.
- Select the Identifier Field to identify users in Lytics and Marketo.
- Select the Field Mappings to map Lytics fields to Marketo fields.
- (Optional) Select the Destination List to configure where Marketo fields will be exported.
- (Optional) Toggle Show Advanced Options (if applicable).
- (Optional) Select the Audience Membership Field to configure the field name where audience membership information will be stored in Marketo.
- (Optional) Select Keep Updated to run this export continuously.
- Select the Time of Day to start the export.
- Select the Timezone for the Time of Day.
- Click Start Export.