Mapp: Export Audiences
Export Lytics audiences to Mapp to add behavior-rich attributes to your Mapp user base including Lytics behavioral scores, content affinities, and cross-channel data.
- Implementation Type: Server-side.
- Implementation Technique: REST API with audience triggers.
- Frequency: Real-time with option to run an initial backfill.
- Resulting data: A group-level attribute is added to each user in Mapp. The name of the attribute is equal to the Mapp Attribute Name or the name of the Lytics audience if left empty. The attribute value is "true" if the user is in the audience or "false" if the user has exited the audience. The attribute name must be a pre-existing attribute in your Mapp account that is mapped for use with Mapp Connect.
This integration utilizes the Mapp Rest API to export users. Once the export is started the job will:
- As users enter or exit the Lytics audience, the users' group-level audience attribute will be added or updated to "true" or "false."
- If you select the Existing Users option during the Configuration, users who currently exist in the selected Lytics audience will be immediately exported to Mapp.
- If you opt for a one-time export by selecting the Backfill Only option during the Configuration, the job will stop after sending the existing users in the audience.
- Otherwise, these updates occur continuously as the Lytics audience membership changes.
By default, Lytics exports the following fields to Mapp.
|Lytics User Field||Description||Mapp Field||Type|
|Audience||Audience Membership Status||User Attribute||string|
Follow these steps to set up an export job for Mapp. If you are new to creating jobs in Lytics, see the Jobs Dashboard documentation for more information.
- Select Mapp.
- Select the Audience Export job type from the list.
- Select the authorization you would like to use or create a new one.
- Enter a Label to identify this job you are creating in Lytics.
- (Optional) Enter a Description for further context on your job.
- Select the audience to export.
- Complete the configuration steps for your job.
- From the Identifier Field input, select select the field that contains a user's identifier.
- In the Group ID text box, enter the Mapp Group ID you wish to export to.
- (optional) Select the Enable Dynamic Attributes checkbox to select to create member attributes dynamically in Mapp.
- (optional) In the Dynamic Attribute Prefix text box, enter enter the custom dynamic attribute prefix associated with your Group ID. Value must end with '_'. If Enable Dynamic Attributes is selected and this is left blank, the Group ID will be used as the prefix.
- (optional) In the Mapp Attribute Name text box, enter enter the name of the Mapp user attribute to update profiles with. If this is empty, the workflow will attempt to use the Lytics audience slug as the attribute name. Note that unless Enable Dynamic Attributes is selected, this attribute name must be mapped to an existing member attribute in Mapp Connect.
- Select the Existing Users checkbox to immediately push users who currently exist in the selected Lytics audience. Deselecting will only push users as they leave or enter the audience.
- (optional) Select the Backfill Only checkbox, to do a one-time export of the selected audience. Note that if this option is selected, Existing Users must also be selected.
- Click Start Export.