Mailchimp: Export List
Exporting a Lytics audience to Mailchimp allows you to send a marketing campaign email to users based on your own, relevant targeting criteria, such as cross-channel behavior, content affinities, and more.
- Implementation Type: Server-side.
- Implementation Technique: REST API.
- Frequency: Batch every 10 minutes, or when the number of audience members to export exceeds 10,000.
Resulting data: Lytics audience(s) in Mailchimp.
This integration utilizes Mailchimp APIs to export Lytics Audiences into Mailchimp. On each run of the workflow, it will sync your selected Lytics Audiences with your selected Mailchimp List.
The following fields are included in the default mapping. Custom fields are not exported to Mailchimp.
|Lytics User Field||Description||Mailchimp Field||Type|
|interests||Mailchimp Interest Groups||Interests||string|
|merger_fields||Fields for Email Personalization||Merger Fields||map[string]string|
Follow these steps to set up and configure an export of audience data into Mailchimp from the Lytics platform.
- Navigate to the Integrations page and select Mailchimp.
- Select Workflows from the menu on the left.
- Select Export List from the list of workflows.
- Select the Authorization you would like to use.
- From the Audience input, select the Lytics audience(s) you'd like to export to Mailchimp. These will appear as segments in your Mailchimp list named "Lytics" + the audience name.
- From the Mailchimp List input, select the Mailchimp list to send this audience to. Note that we will clear any pre-existing audience and replace it with an up-to-date snapshot of its members.
- From the Add Subscribers to List checkbox, check to add new users from Lytics who do not already exist in Mailchimp. (WARNING: This could increase your Mailchimp billing).
- From the Add Audience Tags checkbox, check to tag Mailchimp users with Lytics Audience.
- Click on the Show Advanced Options tab to expand the advanced configuration.
- From the Email Field input, select the field name that contains the user's email.
- From the First Name Field input, select the field name that contains the user's first name.
- From the First Name Merge Var input, select the merge var on MailChimp that should receive the recipient's first name.
- From the Last Name Field input, select the field name that contains the user's last name.
- From the Last Name Merge Var input, select the merge var on MailChimp that should receive the recipient's last name.
- Click Start Export.