Mailchimp: Export Audiences
Exporting a Lytics audience to Mailchimp allows you to send a marketing campaign email to users based on your own, relevant targeting criteria, such as cross-channel behavior, content affinities, and more.
- Implementation Type: Server-side.
- Implementation Technique: REST API.
- Frequency: Batch every 10 minutes, or when the number of audience members to export exceeds 10,000.
- Resulting data: Lytics audience(s) in Mailchimp.
This integration utilizes Mailchimp APIs to export Lytics Audiences into Mailchimp. On each run of the job, it will sync your selected Lytics Audiences with your selected Mailchimp List.
The following fields are included in the default mapping. Custom fields are not exported to Mailchimp.
|Lytics User Field||Description||Mailchimp Field||Type|
|interests||Mailchimp Interest Groups||Interests||string|
|merger_fields||Fields for Email Personalization||Merger Fields||map[string]string|
Follow these steps to set up and configure an export job for Mailchimp in the Lytics platform. If you are new to creating jobs in Lytics, see the Jobs Dashboard documentation for more information.
- Select Mailchimp from the list of providers.
- Select the Export Audiences from the list.
- Select the Authorization you would like to use or create a new one.
- Enter a Label to identify this job you are creating in Lytics.
- (Optional) Enter a Description for further context on your job.
- Select the audiences to export. These will appear as segments in your Mailchimp list named "Lytics" + the audience name.
- Complete the configuration steps for your job.
- From the MailChimp List input, select MailChimp list to send this audience to. Note that we will clear any pre-existing audience and replace it with an up-to-date snapshot of its members.
- (optional) Select the Add Subscribers to List checkbox, to add new users from Lytics who do not already exist in Mailchimp. (WARNING: This could increase your Mailchimp billing).
- (optional) Select the Add Audience Tags checkbox, to tag Mailchimp users with Lytics Audience.
- (optional) Select the Leave Subscription Statuses Unmodified checkbox, to uncheck this box to force updated Mailchimp contacts to be subscribed.
- From the Email Field input, select the field name that contains the user's email.
- (optional) From the First Name Field input, select the field name that contains the user's first name.
- (optional) From the First Name Merge Var input, select merge var on MailChimp that should receive recipient's first name.
- (optional) From the Last Name Field input, select the field name that contains the user's last name.
- (optional) From the Last Name Merge Var input, select merge var on MailChimp that should receive recipient's last name.
- Click Start Export.