Localytics: Triggered Push
Trigger push notifications through Localytics when users enter a Lytics audience.
- Implementation Type: Server-side.
- Implementation Technique: REST API.
- Frequency: Real-time triggered.
- Resulting Data: Custom mapping between Lytics user fields and Localytics push configuration.
This integration utilizes the Localytics Push API to send push notifications to Localytics users. As new users enter a Lytics audience who have a Localytics ID, a push notification will be triggered via Localytics.
Follow these steps to set up and configure triggered push notifications via Localytics.
- Navigate to Localytics in the Integrations section of Lytics.
- Select Workflows from the list on the left.
- Select Triggered Push.
- Select the authorization you would like to use. If you haven't added an authorization yet, click on Add new authorization. See Localytics Authorization for more details.
- From the Audience input, select a Lytics audience. Push notifications will be sent to users as they enter the audience.
- (Optional) Select the Existing Users checkbox to immediately trigger push notifications to users who are currently members of the selected Lytics audience.
- Select the Localytics App to send push notifications through.
- From the Customer ID Field input, select the Lytics user field that maps to the Localytics customer ID to receive the push notification. If the customer ID does not exist in a Lytics user profile, the push notification will not be sent.
- In the Alert input, enter the push notification text.
- Other Push Options - The rest of the options map directly to options available via the Push API in Localytics. See Localytics Push API documentation for more information.
- Click Start Export.
As users enter the selected Lytics audience, a push notification will be triggered via Localytics in close to real-time.
User profile fields can be dynamically inserted into an alert using templating of supported fields including the alert title, alert subtitle, and alert body fields. For template examples and details on how to find available user fields, see the Templating section.