Localytics: Export Audiences
Send Lytics audiences and user fields to Localytics to refine your targeting and improve engagement on your mobile marketing campaigns through Localytics. All existing members and new members of your selected Lytics audiences will be exported in real-time.
- Implementation Type: Server-side.
- Implementation Technique: REST APIs with audience triggers.
- Frequency: Real-time, with a one-time backfill of the audience after setup.
- Resulting Data: Lytics users that are members of the selected audiences are exported as Localytics profiles.
This integration utilizes the Localytics Profile API to create/update Localytics profiles. Once initiated, the workflow will:
- Run a backfill of the selected Lytics audiences, and create or update Localytics profiles.
- After a backfill, the workflow will receive real-time updates when a user enters or exits the audience.
Creating or updating a Localytics profile is done using the Profile ID Field which can be configured when setting up this workflow. If the Lytics user with selected Profile ID Field does not exist in Localytics, then Lytics will create a Localytics profile with that ID and fill their attributes with the ones selected in the workflow.
If the user being exported to Localytics already exists, then Lytics will update its attribute. The attribute values will be overwritten except for the
lytics_audiences attribute. The update will happen only for the attributes that are selected during configuration. If the Localytics user has other attributes which are not in the workflow configuration, then those attributes will remain unchanged in Localytics.
For each user entering the audience, it will also create/update the
lytics_audiences set attribute for the profile with the slug of Lytics audiences that the user is in. If this attribute already exists, Lytics will update its value depending on enter/exit, not overwrite it. For each user exiting the audience, the workflow will remove the Lytics audience slug from the
lytics_audiences attribute of Localytics profile for that exit event.
You can export any Lytics user fields to Localytics as profile attributes. Lytics allows you to select user fields as part of the workflow configuration described below.
Follow these steps to set up and configure an export of a Lytics audience to Localytics.
- Navigate to Localytics in the Integrations section of Lytics.
- Select Workflows from the menu on the left.
- Click New Workflow.
- Select Export Audiences.
- Select the authorization you created.
- From the Audiences list, select the Lytics audiences you would like to export to Localytics.
- Select the Existing Users checkbox to export users who are already in the selected Lytics audiences.
- Select the Localytics App that you want to send your Lytics audiences to.
- From the Profile ID Field dropdown, select the field in the Lytics audience user that corresponds to Localytics profile ID. If a user does not exist for this ID in Localytics, then Lytics will create the user with this ID.
- From the Special Profile Attributes list, select the fields in the Lytics audience user that are special profile IDs in Localytics. Please refer to the Localytics documentation for more information on this.
- From the Attributes list, select the field in the Lytics audience user that you would like to send as Localytics profile attributes.
- Select the Audience Membership checkbox to send Lytics audience membership as an attribute of Localytics profile. Checking this will create a set attribute in Localytics with name
lytics_audiencesand populate it with Lytics audience slugs that the user is part of.
- Click Start Export.