LiveRamp: Export Audiences (EU Format)
Exporting user profiles and audience membership to LiveRamp allows you to use behavioral data, content affinities, and insights from Lytics combined with LiveRamp's identity resolution to fine-tune your targeting. Export your audience to an SFTP server in a LiveRamp CSV EU format. Use SFTP to stage your files before importing into LiveRamp.
- Implementation Type: Server-side.
- Implementation Technique: File based transfer.
- Frequency: Batch with backfill, frequency can be configured.
- Resulting data: User profiles and audience membership.
This job exports the user profiles as a CSV file. The CSV file format is specific and follows the Liveramp EU CSV format. The number of User Fields that will be exported is limited. We also append an audience column which will contain the Lytics audience name or slug the user is part of and can be configured.
This integration once started it will:
- Connect to the SFTP server.
- Navigate to the configured folder in the SFTP server.
- Create a CSV file in the SFTP server.
- Write CSV headers to the file.
- Scan the audience and process users into CSV lines.
- Write CSV lines to the file.
- Close the completed file and disconnect from the SFTP server.
- Schedule the next run.
- LiveRamp imports the file for processing. See LiveRamp's documentation for details on setting up LiveRamp to import the file.
We follow the Liveramp SFTP file format to create the SFTP file. Following table shows the fields that can be mapped and exported. By default, none of the below fields are mapped except for Customer ID which will be filled by the Unique Identifier. Note that you can customize the Lytics source fields as part of the job configuration.
|Lytics User Field||Description||LiveRamp Field||Type|
|Any ||Field that is unique to each User||CustomerID||string|
|Audience Name 1 (slug)||Audience Name||Audience Name 1 (slug)||string|
|Audience Name 2 (slug)||Audience Name||Audience Name 2 (slug)||string|
Follow these steps to set up and configure an export of LiveRamp data in EU format in the Lytics platform. If you are new to creating jobs in Lytics, see the Jobs Dashboard documentation for more information.
- Select LiveRamp from the list of providers.
- Select the Export Audiences (EU Format) job type from the list.
- Select the Authorization you would like to use or create a new one.
- From the Audiences input, select the audience(s) that contains the users to export.
- From the Identifier input, select the field that will be placed in the first column of the file as CustomerID. This field should be a unique identifier.
- Use the Field Mapping input to map Lytics fields to Liveramp fields. Select Lytics data fields from the left drop-down list and Liveramp fields from the right drop-down list.
- In the Header For Lytics Audiences textbox, enter the column name for the field that will be populated with Lytics audience slug. By default, the column name is set to
- Check the Send Audience Name checkbox to send the Lytics audience name instead of Lytics audience slug. Lytics audience slug is the readable form of Lytics Audience. For example: if
Engaging Customer for ABC Productis the Lytics audience name then, its slug could be
engaging_customer_for_abc_product. You can also edit Lytics audience to set the slug you want.
- Check the Continuous Export checkbox to export the audience repeatedly.
- In the Custom Delimiter textbox, enter the delimiter for the file to be exported.
- In the Filename textbox, provide the desired filename for the CSV file to be exported.
- From the Timestamp Format drop-down, select the desired timestamp format that would be appended in the provided filename above.
- From the File Export Frequency input, select how often a continuous export should create a new file.
- From the Time of Day input, select the time of day to start the export each day. This applies to daily, weekly, and monthly frequencies only.
- From the Timezone input, select the timezone for time of day.
- Click Start Export.