LiveRamp: SFTP CSV Export (EU)
Exporting user profiles and audience membership to LiveRamp allows you use behavioral data, content affinities, and insights from Lytics combined with LiveRamp's identity resolution to fine-tune your targeting. Export your audience to an SFTP server in a LiveRamp CSV EU format. Use SFTP to stage your files before importing into LiveRamp.
- Implementation Type: Server-side.
- Implementation Technique: File based transfer.
- Frequency: Batch with backfill, frequency can be configured.
- Resulting data: User profiles and audience membership.
This work exports the user profiles as a CSV file. The CSV file format is specific and follows the Liveramp EU CSV format. The number of User Fields that will be exported is limited. We also append the Audience column with its slugs for all the selected Audience in the configured export work. These columns will be filled with 1 if the user is a member of that audience and 0 if not.
This integration once started it will:
- Connect to the SFTP server.
- Navigate to the configured folder in the SFTP server.
- Create a CSV file in the SFTP server.
- Write CSV headers to the file.
- Scan the audience and process users into CSV lines.
- Write CSV lines to the file.
- Close the completed file and disconnect from the SFTP server.
- Schedule the next run.
- LiveRamp imports the file for processing. See LiveRamp's documentation for details on setting up LiveRamp to import the file.
We follow the Liveramp SFTP file format to create the SFTP file. Following table shows the fields that can be mapped and exported. By default, none of the below fields are mapped except for Customer ID which will be filled by the Unique Identifier. Note that you can customize the Lytics source fields as part of the workflow configuration.
|Lytics User Field||Description||LiveRamp Field||Type|
|Any ||Field that is unique to each User||CustomerID||string|
|Audience Name 1 (slug)||Audience Name||Audience Name 1 (slug)||string|
|Audience Name 2 (slug)||Audience Name||Audience Name 2 (slug)||string|
Follow these steps to set up and configure an export of LiveRamp data in EU format in the Lytics platform.
Navigate to the Integrations page and select the LiveRamp tile.
Select Worklows from the menu on the left.
- Select SFTP CSV Export (EU Format) from the list of workflows.
- From the Audiences input, select the audience(s) that contains the users to export.
From the Identifier input, select the field that will be placed in the first column of the file as CustomerID. This field should be a unique identifier.
Click on the Show Advanced Options tab to expand the advanced configuration.
- Select the Continuous Export checkbox to export the audience repeatedly.
- In Filename textbox, provide the desired filename for the CSV file to be exported.
- From the File Export Frequency input, select how often a continuous export should create a new file.
- From the Time of Day input, select the time of day to start the export each day. This applies to daily, weekly, and monthly frequencies only.
- From the Timezone input, select the timezone for time of day.
- Click the Start Export button to begin the workflow.