LiveRamp: Export Audiences (SFTP)
Exporting user profiles and audience membership to LiveRamp allows you use behavioral data, content affinities, and insights from Lytics combined with LiveRamp's identity resolution to fine-tune your targeting. Export your audience to an SFTP server in a LiveRamp CSV format. Use SFTP to stage your files before importing into LiveRamp.
- Implementation Type: Server-side.
- Implementation Technique: File based transfer.
- Frequency: Batch with backfill, frequency can be configured.
- Resulting data: User profiles and audience membership.
Data is exported as a CSV with a header row. The columns are an identifier field in the first column, followed by user profile fields, followed by audience membership. Audience membership is represented by columns containing the digit 1 if the user is a member of that audience and blank if not. Headers for the audience membership columns are the audience slugs.
This integration operates by creating a CSV file formatted for LiveRamp on an SFTP server so it can be imported by LiveRamp. Once the integration is started it will:
- Connect to the SFTP server.
- Navigate to the configured folder in the SFTP server.
- Create a CSV file in the SFTP server.
- Write CSV headers to the file.
- Scan the audience and process users into CSV lines.
- Write CSV lines to the file.
- Close the completed file and disconnect from the SFTP server.
- Schedule the next run.
- LiveRamp imports the file for processing. See LiveRamp's documentation for details on setting up LiveRamp to import the file.
NOTE: It usually takes 1-2 days for a file to fully process into LiveRamp, another 1-2 days to distribute that audience to ad platforms, then another 1-2 days for statistics on match rates to be available in the LiveRamp UI. So, for a first time setup end-to-end, it can take about a week.
By default, Lytics will export the full user profile and audience membership to LiveRamp. Note that you can customize the Lytics source fields as part of the job configuration:
|Lytics User Field||Description||LiveRamp Field||Type|
Follow these steps to set up and configure an export of LiveRamp in the Lytics platform. If you are new to creating jobs in Lytics, see the Jobs Dashboard documentation for more information.
- Select LiveRamp from the list of providers.
- Select the Export Audiences (SFTP) job type from the list.
- Select the Authorization you would like to use or create a new one.
- From the Audiences input, select the audience(s) that contains the users to export.
From the Identifier input, select the field that will be placed in the first column of the file. This field should be a unique identifier and be selected in the Fields to export.
Click on the Show Advanced Options tab to expand the advanced configuration.
- From the Audience membership input, select the audiences to include in the audience membership.
- Select the Append Segment Name checkbox to add a field with the audience name.
Select the Additional Segments checkbox to add a column containing all the audiences a user is a member of.
From the Fields to Export input, select the user fields to export.
- From the Custom Join input, enter a custom join character for fields that have multiple values. The default is "&". E.g.
[email protected]&[email protected].
- Select the Continuous Export checkbox to export the audience repeatedly.
- From the File Export Frequency input, select how often a continuous export should create a new file.
- From the Time of Day input, select the time of day to start the export each day. This applies to daily, weekly, and monthly frequencies only.
- From the Timezone input, select the timezone for time of day.
- Click Start Export.