Iterable: Including Identifiers in Links
You may want to pass a unique Iterable identifier from links within your email to allow cross-channel identity resolution. This will help Lytics identify users across data streams and merge their email with web activity. For more information about dynamically passing this parameter, see Iterable's documentation on creating unique URLs for emails.
The easiest and safest way to pass a unique identifier from Iterable click-through links to Lytics is to encode the user's email with Base64, in Iterable, via the custom link parameters.
Adding an encoded email to Iterable Links
Follow these steps to add a Base64 encoded email as an identifier to your email links in Iterable.
- Ensure that the Iterable integration is importing users and email data (default).
- Log in to Iterable and navigate to Templates > Templates and select your email template.
- Select Advanced Option tab.
- Select Enable Custom Link Parameters.
- Set the following in the custom parameters:
- Key =
- Value =
- Key =
Now all email clicks will pass the