Iterable: Export List
This workflow will export a Lytics audience to an existing Iterable list or create a new Iterable list. All existing members of that audience are exported to the chosen list and new members are exported in real-time. You can use this export in conjunction with an Iterable workflow to send users a triggered Iterable email as the enter an audience in Lytics.
- Implementation Type: Server-side.
- Implementation Technique: REST APIs with audience triggers.
- Frequency: Real-time, with a one-time backfill of the audience after setup.
- Resulting Data: Lytics users that are a member of the selected audience(s) are exported to Iterable and subscribed to the selected list. A new Iterable list is created if provided list name is not in Iterable. Both known users (with email) and anonymous users are exported.
This integration utilizes the Iterable API to send users to the selected list in Iterable. Upon start-up, the workflow will:
- Check if an existing list was selected, if not, create a new list with the name provided in the configuration.
- Run a backfill by creating or updating existing users in Iterable.
- After a backfill, the workflow will receive real-time updates when a user enters or exits the audience.
- For each user entering the audience, it will create or update the user in Iterable to be subscribed to the selected Iterable list. Both known and anonymous users are included in the export. If a user is anonymous, it is exported using the
preferUserIdflag on Iterable's
/api/lists/subscribeendpoint. Iterable generates a placeholder email for anonymous users of the form
- For each user exiting the selected audience, the workflow will unsubscribe the user from the selected list.
You can export any Lytics user fields to Iterable fields that are present in your Iterable account. Lytics allows you to map user profile fields with the corresponding Iterable field as part of the workflow configuration.
Follow these steps to set up and configure an export of a Lytics audience to Iterable.
- Log into your Lytics account.
- Open the Iterable integration or Click Data > Integrations and select Iterable from the integrations list.
- Select Export List.
- Select the authorization you created during the authorization step.
- In the Audience drop-down list, select the Lytics audience you would like to export to Iterable.
- In the List box, select the Iterable list you want to export your audience to or enter a name to create a new list in Iterable.
- In the Email Field drop-down list, select the Lytics user field that contains the user's email address.
- (Optional) In the ID Field, select the Lytics user field that contains the Iterable ID to export. (This field will be available if you have run an import from Iterable already).
- (Optional) Use the Map Fields input to map Lytics fields to existing Iterable fields. Select Lytics data fields from the left drop-down list and Iterable fields from the right drop-down list. If no fields are mapped, only email will be exported.
- (Optional) Use the Fields to create input to add any Lytics fields you would like to create in Iterable. Fields in the right column will be added to Iterable.
- (Optional) Check Include Lytics Audience Membership to add a field in Iterable that contains a list of Lytics audiences the user is a member of.
- Click Start Export.
Users should be available in the Iterable list within a few minutes of starting the export. Larger audiences may take a few hours to be completely added to the list. You can find the new list in Iterable under Users > Lists.