Iterable: Export Audiences
This job type will export a Lytics audience to an existing Iterable list or create a new Iterable list. All existing members of that audience are exported to the chosen list and new members are exported in real-time. You can use this export in conjunction with an Iterable workflow to send users a triggered Iterable email as they enter an audience in Lytics.
- Implementation Type: Server-side.
- Implementation Technique: REST APIs with audience triggers.
- Frequency: Real-time, with a one-time backfill of the audience after setup.
- Resulting Data: Lytics users that are a member of the selected audience(s) are exported to Iterable and subscribed to the selected list. A new Iterable list is created if provided list name is not in Iterable. Both known users (with email) and anonymous users are exported.
This integration utilizes the Iterable API to send users to the selected list in Iterable. Upon starting, this job will:
- Check if an existing list was selected, if not, create a new list with the name provided in the configuration.
- Run a backfill by creating or updating existing users in Iterable.
- After a backfill, the job will receive real-time updates when a user enters or exits the audience.
- For each user entering the audience, it will create or update the user in Iterable to be subscribed to the selected Iterable list. Both known and anonymous users are included in the export. If a user is anonymous, it is exported using the
preferUserIdflag on Iterable's
/api/lists/subscribeendpoint. Iterable generates a placeholder email for anonymous users of the form
- For each user exiting the selected audience, the job will unsubscribe the user from the selected list.
- Additionally, if user field changes are selected to be triggered (configured in "Fields to Trigger"), then for users who are a part of the exported audiences, if the value of one of their selected user field changes, then the field change update will be sent to Iterable.
By default, Lytics exports the following fields to Iterable:
|Lytics User Field||Description||Iterable Field||Type|
|configurable||Iterable User ID||userID||string|
In addition to the default fields, you can export any Lytics user fields to Iterable fields that are present in your Iterable account. Lytics allows you to map user profile fields with the corresponding Iterable field as part of the job configuration.
Follow these steps to set up and configure an export job for Iterable. If you are new to creating jobs in Lytics, see the Jobs Dashboard documentation for more information.
- Select Iterable from the list of providers.
- Select the Export Audiences job type from the list.
- Select the Authorization you would like to use or create a new one.
- Enter a Label to identify this job you are creating in Lytics.
- (Optional) Enter a Description for further context on your job.
- Select the audience(s) to export.
- From the List text input, choose the Iterable list to export to, or enter a name to create a new list in Iterable.
- From the Email Field input, select the email address field in Lytics.
- (Optional) From the ID Field input, select the Lytics field that maps to the userID field in Iterable.
- From the Map Fields, map all the fields from Lytics to Iterable by selecting the Lytics field on the left, and its Iterable destination on the right.
- From the Fields to Create input, select a list of user fields to create in Iterable. In Iterable, the created field will have the name inside the
- From the Convert Map Fields checkbox, select to convert Lytics map fields into an array of key-value objects in Iterable. This minimizes the field count in Iterable. Uncheck if you would like to send map fields to Iterable as they are in Lytics. This can lead to a high field count since each distinct key will count as a new field in Iterable.
- From the Fields to Trigger input, select up to 75 user fields to trigger user change events. For any user in the exported audience, if any of the selected field values change, then the user will be updated in Iterable. (Note: this is not available on all accounts. Please contact your Lytics Account Manager about adding on this feature.)
- From the Include Lytics Audience Membership checkbox, select to include the user's audience membership as a data field called
- Click the Start Export button.
Users should be available in the Iterable list within a few minutes of starting the export. Larger audiences may take a few hours to be completely added to the list. You can find the new list in Iterable under Users > Lists.