Google Stackdriver: Export Metrics
Export Lytics custom metrics to an existing Google Cloud project. These metrics include a monitoring heartbeat, an API heartbeat, collection count, and stream count. These metrics allow you to monitor, alert, and visualize important metrics from Lytics. Instead of building alerting into Lytics, Google Stackdriver Export Metrics allows metrics to be written into your own monitoring tool. These metrics can be used to:
- Allow alerting, oncall distribution lists, quiet-hours to be managed within a tool where you are already doing that for other metrics.
- Allow correlation of metrics you have (possibly website performance, etc) to be shown in context of other metrics.
- Prevent operational users from having to create a Lytics admin user-account.
- Implementation Type: Server-side
- Implementation Technique: REST API
- Frequency: Metrics are written every 60 seconds.
- Resulting Data: Lytics custom metrics (monitoring heartbeat, API heartbeat, collection count, and stream count)
This integration utilizes the Google Cloud Monitoring Custom Metrics API to create and send Lytics custom metrics to your Google Stackdriver dashboards.
- Monitoring Heartbeat is a heartbeat of health of our metrics reporter
- API Heartbeat is a heartbeat of health of Lytics API
- Collection Count is a delta count of all events
- Stream Count is a delta count of all events per stream per hour. Stream Count is reported hourly.
Follow these steps to set up an export job for Google Stackdriver. If you are new to creating jobs in Lytics, see the Jobs Dashboard documentation for more information.
- Select Google Cloud from the list of providers.
- Select the Export Monitoring Metrics job type from the list.
- Select the Authorization you would like to use or create a new one.
- Enter a Label to identify this job you are creating in Lytics.
- (Optional) Enter a Description for further context on your job.
- Enter the Google Project you want to write metrics to.
- Click Start Export. Note: After the job has started, you will be able to find Lytics custom metrics in Google Cloud Monitoring. This may take up to 10 minutes. Once Monitoring Heartbeat metric is reported, then Lytics custom metrics are being received.