Google Stackdriver Authorization
If you haven't already done so, you will need to set up a Google Cloud Project before you begin the process described below. You will need "Editor" rights to your project to be able to ingest Lytics custome metrics.
If you are new to creating authorizations in Lytics, see the Authorizations Dashboard documentation for more information.
- Select Google Cloud from the list of providers.
- Select the Stackdriver Metrics Service Account JWT method for authorization.
- Enter a Label to identify your authorization.
- (Optional) Enter a Description for further context on your authorization.
- In JSON Service Account JSON, enter your Google Service Account JSON Key. The instructions for collecting this JSON token are detailed beflow.
- Click Save Authorization.
Stackdriver Metrics Service Account JSON Key
- In Google Cloud console under IAM & Admin select Service Accounts.
- Click + Create Service Account
- Enter the details for your new service account and click Create.
- From the Role dropdown menu, search for and select Monitoring Editor and click Continue to grant these account permissions.
- Optionally grant users access to this service account.
- You will be directed back to the main Service Accounts page and you should now see your newly created service account.
- Select this service account, click Keys tab, click Add Key, and select Create new key from the dropdown menu.
- Select JSON for key type and click Create to download your new key as a JSON file.
- The entire contents of this file represent your Google Service Account JSON key and will be used to authorize Google Stackdriver in Lytics.