Google Cloud Pub/Sub Authorization
If you haven't already done so, you will need to set up a Google Cloud Pub/Sub account before you begin the process below. You will use a service account to access your Cloud Pub/Sub data. See Google's authentication documentation for details on the differences between user accounts and service accounts.
To authorize this integration, you will need to authenticate by creating a service account JWT JSON token.
Configure service account
You will need a service account credential file to use this authorization type. If you do not have one, follow the instructions in Google's documentation to create one. You will need to give Lytics one of the following roles depending on how you want to configure your workflow:
Pub/Sub Adminlevel permissions allows Lytics to create and receive new subscriptions without any problems.
Pub/Sub Editorlevel permissions will also work.
The other option would be to create your own IAM role with the following actions:
pubsub.subscriptions.create(Optional, but you must provide an existing subscription if your role does not have this action.)
Exports require the following additional actions:
pubsub.topics.create(Optional, but you must provide an existing topic if your role does not have this action.)
- Navigate the Authorizations section of Lytics and click Create New Authorization.
- Select Google Cloud from the list of providers.
- Select the Cloud Pub/Sub Service Account JWT method.
- Enter a name for your authorization into the Label text box on the configure step to help you identify your authorization.
- (Optional) You may enter a short description into the Description text box for further context on your authorization.
- In the Cert JSON textbox, copy the contents of your service account's credential file.
- Once you’ve finished configuring, click Save Authorization.