Google BigQuery: Import Activity Data
Many applications let you write to tables in Google BigQuery and you can easily import this custom data into Lytics. Once imported, you can leverage powerful insights on this custom data provided by Lytics data science to drive your marketing efforts.
- Implementation Type: Server-side.
- Implementation Technique: REST API.
- Frequency: Batch.
- Resulting data: User profiles, user fields, and raw event data.
This integration utilizes the Google BigQuery APIs to import user data. Once the import is started the job will:
- Start a query job for data in Google BigQuery.
- Export the result to Google Cloud Storage.
- Import file from Google Cloud Storage into the selected Lytics data stream.
Fields imported through Google BigQuery will require custom data mapping. For assistance mapping your custom data to Lytics user fields, please contact Lytics Support.
Follow these steps to set up and configure an import of Google BigQuery events into the Lytics platform. If you are new to creating jobs in Lytics, see the Jobs Dashboard documentation for more information.
- Select Google Cloud from the list of providers.
- Select the Import Activity Data job type from the list.
- Select the Authorization you would like to use or create a new one.
- Enter a Label to identify this job you are creating in Lytics.
- (Optional) Enter a Description for further context on your job.
- In the Stream text input, enter the stream where imported data will go.
- From the BigQuery Project input, select the Google BigQuery Project you want to import data from.
- From the BigQuery Dataset input, select the Google BigQuery Dataset you want to export data from.
- From the BigQuery Table input, select the Google BigQuery table you would like to import. NOTE: "nested tables" are not supported by this import process.
- From the Timestamp Field input, select the name of the field that contains the event timestamp. On continuous imports, the most recent time in this field will be saved. On the next import, only rows with a timestamp greater than that value will be imported. The field must be of type
- Select the Keep Updated checkbox to continuously run this import. If this option is selected, the Timestamp Field must be provided.
- Click Start Import.
The time necessary to import a table depends on the table size. It can take from 30 minutes to several hours to complete the import.