Google Ads: Export Audiences (Customer Match)
Export your Lytics audiences to Google Ads Customer Match to reach and re-engage with your customers across Google Search, Google Shopping, Gmail, and YouTube. Learn more about Google Ads Customer Match. Refine your targeting efforts using Lytics audiences containing rich information on user behavior and content affinities across channels.
- Implementation Type: Server-side.
- Implementation Technique: SOAP API .
- Frequency: Real-time.
- Resulting data: Selected user fields from Lytics are pushed to Google Ads Customer Match.
This integration utilizes the Google Adwords API.
- A CrmBasedUserList is created.
- Selected user identifiers are uploaded to that list.
- As users enter or exit the Lytics audience, the users are added or removed from the Google Ads list every hour.
Lytics can export the following fields to Google Ads. You can customize the Lytics source fields as part of the job configuration.
|Lytics User Field||Description||Google Ads Field||Type|
|idfa||Current IDFA||Mobile Device ID||string|
|android_id||Android ID||Mobile Device ID||string|
|first_name||First Name||First Name||string|
|last_name||Last Name||Last Name||string|
Follow these steps to set up and configure an export of audiences in the Lytics platform. If you are new to creating jobs in Lytics, see the Jobs Dashboard documentation for more information.
- Select Google Ads from the list of providers.
- Select the Export Audiences (Customer Match) job type from the list.
- Select the Authorization you would like to use or create a new one.
- Enter a Label to identify this job you are creating in Lytics.
- (Optional) Enter a Description for further context on your job.
- In the Adwords Account drop-down, select the Google Ads account you want to use.
- (Optional) In the Managed Account drop-down, select the managed account to create the remarketing list in. If omitted the Google Ads Account will be used.
- In the Audience drop-down, select the Lytics audience to export to Google Ads remarketing list. Users will be updated as they enter or exit this audience.
- There are three types of Customer Match lists in Google Ads: Email, Mobile ID, and User info. Follow one of three export configurations below to match the type of list you would like to create in Google Ads:
- After configuring the type of user match export, click Start Export. The new customer list should appear in Google Ads within an hour.
To perform a customer match via Email, fill out the following fields:
- In the Email Field drop-down, select the Lytics field that contains the email address of your users.
- Or, optionally if your Lytics account has SHA256 emails instead of raw emails, in the SHA256 Email drop-down, select the Lytics field that contains the SHA256 hashed email address.
Match Mobile ID
To perform a customer match via Mobile ID, fill out the following field:
- In the Mobile ID drop-down, select this field to match by mobile ID instead of email. If Mobile ID is selected, it must be the only field selected.
Match User Info
To perform a customer match via User info, fill out the following fields:
- Phone Number: Select the field that maps to the user's phone number.
- First Name: Select the field that maps to the user's first name.
- Last Name: Select the field that maps to the user's last name.
- Country Code: Select the field that maps to the user's two letter country code.
- Zip Code: Select the field that maps to the user's zip code.
Note: Name matching works with the location cues selected. All four fields (first name, last name, country, and zip) must be mapped and available for the user to get a match.