Google Ads: Export Audiences (Customer Match)
Export your Lytics audiences to Google Ads Customer Match to reach and re-engage with your customers across Google Search, Google Shopping, Gmail, and YouTube. Learn more about Google Ads Customer Match. Refine your targeting efforts using Lytics audiences containing rich information on user behavior and content affinities across channels.
- Implementation Type: Server-side.
- Implementation Technique: REST API .
- Frequency: Real-time.
- Resulting data: Selected user fields from Lytics are pushed to Google Ads Customer Match.
This integration utilizes the Google Ads API.
- A CrmBasedUserList is created.
- Selected user identifiers are uploaded to that list.
- As users enter or exit the Lytics audience, the users are added or removed from the Google Ads list every 10 minutes.
Lytics can export the following fields to Google Ads. You can customize the Lytics source fields as part of the job configuration.
|Lytics User Field||Description||Google Ads Field||Type|
|idfa||Current IDFA||Mobile Device ID||string|
|android_id||Android ID||Mobile Device ID||string|
|first_name||First Name||First Name||string|
|last_name||Last Name||Last Name||string|
Follow these steps to set up and configure an export of audiences in the Lytics platform. If you are new to creating jobs in Lytics, see the Jobs Dashboard documentation for more information.
- Select Google Ads from the list of providers.
- Select the Export Audiences (Customer Match) job type from the list.
- Select the Authorization you would like to use or create a new one. Note: if you created an auth before Jan 1st, 2020, then you will have to create a new auth before starting the export.
- Enter a Label to identify this job you are creating in Lytics.
- (Optional) Enter a Description for further context on your job.
- Complete the configuration steps for your job.
- From the Google Ads Account input, select the Google Ads account you want to use.
- (Optional) From the Managed Account input, select the managed account to create the remarketing list in. If omitted the Google Ads Account will be used.
- From the Customer Match List input, select the Google Ads customer match list to append to. If no list is selected, a new customer match list will be created.
- From the Audience input, select the Lytics audience to export to Google Ads remarketing list. Users will be updated as they enter or exit this audience.
- There are three types of Customer Match lists in Google Ads: Email, Mobile ID, and User info. Follow one of three export configurations below to match the type of list you would like to create in Google Ads:
- After configuring the type of user match export, click the Start Export button to start the job. The new customer list should appear in Google Ads within an hour.
To perform a customer match via Email, fill out the following fields:
- From the Email Field input, select the Lytics field that contains the email address of your users.
- Or, optionally if your Lytics account has SHA256 emails instead of raw emails, from the SHA256 Email input, select the Lytics field that contains the SHA256 hashed email address.
Match Mobile ID
To perform a customer match via Mobile ID, fill out the following field:
- From the Mobile ID input, select the field that contains the mobile ID of your users. If Mobile ID is selected, it must be the only field selected.
Match User Info
To perform a customer match via User info, fill out the following fields:
- From the Phone Number input, select the field that maps to the user's phone number.
- From the First Name input, select the field that maps to the user's first name.
- From the Last Name input, select the field that maps to the user's last name.
- From the Country Code input, select the field that maps to the user's two letter country code.
- From the Zip Code input, select the field that maps to the user's zip code.