Google Ads Experiences
Lytics Experiences support Google Ads that can be run as stand-alone ad campaigns or as a part of your cross-channel customer lifecycle. Using the Journey Canvas, you can activate Google Ads with Lytics audiences to engage users and drive conversions.
Like all Experience-enabled providers, you can import Experiences from Google Ads to Lytics. During the import process, you will be asked to select an authorization. Read the Google Ads authorization documentation for more information.
Before you can import, you will also need to select your Google Ads Client Customer ID since the authorization you select may be associated with multiple ad manager accounts.
Once you've selected an ad manager account, you can import eligible ad groups as Lytics Experiences.
Once you have selected the checkboxes for the experiences you would like to import, click Import Experiences at the bottom.
On import, tactics are included in the label for the experience. On the Google Ads side, Lytics captures the field named AdGroupType.
Google Ads Experiences in Lytics support the following tactics:
- SEARCH_STANDARD - Default AdGroup type for Search Campaigns.
- SEARCH_DYNAMIC_ADS - AdGroup type for Dynamic Search Ads campaigns.
- DISPLAY_STANDARD - Default AdGroup type for Display Campaigns.
- SHOPPING_PRODUCT_ADS - Default AdGroup type for Shopping Campaigns serving standard products ads.
- SHOPPING_SHOWCASE_ADS - AdGroups limited to serving Showcase/Merchant ads in shopping results.
- SHOPPING_GOAL_OPTIMIZED_ADS - Ad group type for Smart Shopping Campaigns.
After importing a Google Ads Experience you can configure it for activation. All tactics for Google Ads Experiences have the same three configuration steps within the Experience Editor:
- Target - select the target audience for your Experience.
- Configure Google Ads - set up how the audience for your Experience will be exported. This step will match the configuration instructions of the Google Ads Customer Match and will generally function the same, but without the Audience selection, as that is configured by the Target step in the Experience editor.
- Configure Delivery - choose to turn the Delivery Optimization feature on or off.
Once you've finished configuring the Experience you can save and activate it.
Activation for Google Ads Experience entails an Export to Customer Match List on Google. You can export your Lytics audiences to Google Ads Customer Match to reach and re-engage with your customers across Google Search, Google Shopping, Gmail, and Youtube.
Experience Metrics are collected for Google Ads Experiences by launching an Experience Metrics collection workflow. This workflow runs hourly and uses the Google Ad Group Performance Report to query for conversions and reach. This workflow will run in the background and will pull in the previous 7 days of metrics upon starting.
Metrics from the Google Ads are mapped to Lytics user fields as follows:
- Reach -
Impressionson Google Ads. Count of how often your ad has appeared on a search results page or website on the Google Network.
- Converted -
Clickson Google Ads. This is the number of clicks that have been recorded on this AdGroup.
- Conversion Rate - This is calculated as the ratio