Dotdigital: Remove Contacts
Remove or unsubscribe users that enter the configured audience in your Dotdigital account. Optionally you can resubscribe users when they exit the audience, which can be useful for building an audience that has opted out of communications.
- Implementation Type: Server-side.
- Implementation Technique: REST API, audience triggers.
- Frequency: Real-time.
This integration utilizes the Dotdigital APIs to send user data. Once the export is started the workflow will:
- Request the Dotdigital account information.
For each user entering the Lytics audience, one of three actions can be selected:
- Unsubscribe: unsubscribe the user from the Dotdigital address book.
- Remove: remove the user from the account.
For each user exiting the Lytics audience:
- Update the user's Dotdigital status via the
dotmailer_export_statusstream if Sync Status is selected.
The following fields are included in the default mapping of the
NOTE: Dotmailer rebranded to Dotdigital in January 2019. Due to backwards compatiblity issues old field and stream names still use
|Source Field||Lytics User Field||Description||Type|
|map(account_id, account_status)||dm_account_status||Status by Dotmailer Account ID||map[string]string|
|map(join(account_id, address_book_id), address_book_status||dm_addressbook_status||Status by Dotmailer Addressbook ID||map[string]string|
|epochms()||dm_addressbook_status_ts||Date of Last Dotmailer Addressbook Status Update||date|
Follow these steps to set up and configure a removal of contacts in Dotdigital.
- Navigate to the Integrations page and select the Dotdigital tile.
- Select Workflows from the menu on the left.
- Select Remove Contacts from the list of workflows.
- Select the Authorization you would like to use.
- From the Audience drop-down, select the audience of users to remove from Dotdigital.
- From the Email Field drop-down, select the field that contains the contact's email.
- From the ID Field drop-down, select the field that contains the contact's Dotdigital ID.
- From the Address-book Status Field drop-down, select the field that contains the contact's address-book statuses.
- From the One Time checkbox, select this to do a one-time removal of the users in the audience.
- Click on the Show Advanced Options tab to expand the advanced configuration.
- From the Enter Action drop-down, select the action to take when a contact enters the audience. Note: removing may significantly increase API usage.
- From the Exit Action drop-down, select the action to take when a contact exits the audience.
- From the Resubscribe With No Challenge checkbox, select this to suppress Dotdigital's challenge email when the user is resubscribed, if possible.
- Select the Sync Status checkbox to update the contact's address book status in Lytics.
- From the Opt-in Type drop-down, select the opt-in type for the contacts that will be created. See the Dotdigital documentation for details.
- From the Email Type drop-down, select the type of emails these contacts can receive.
- With the Map Fields input, map all the fields from Lytics to Dotdigital by selecting the Lytics field on the left, and its Dotdigital destination on the right. NOTE: Complex fields such as arrays and maps are not supported by Dotdigital.
- In the Work Tracking Slug box, enter a slug to use to track the work. This slug should be unique.
- Click the Start Export button to start the work.