Dotdigital: Remove Contacts
Remove or unsubscribe users that enter the configured audience in your Dotdigital account. Optionally you can resubscribe users when they exit the audience, which can be useful for building an audience that has opted out of communications.
- Implementation Type: Server-side.
- Implementation Technique: REST API, audience triggers.
- Frequency: Real-time.
This integration utilizes the Dotdigital APIs to send user data. Once the export is started the job will:
- Request the Dotdigital account information.
For each user entering the Lytics audience, one of three actions can be selected:
- Unsubscribe: unsubscribe the user from the Dotdigital address book.
- Remove: remove the user from the account.
For each user exiting the Lytics audience:
- Update the user's Dotdigital status via the
dotmailer_export_statusstream if Sync Status is selected.
The following fields are included in the default mapping of the
NOTE: Dotmailer rebranded to Dotdigital in January 2019. Due to backwards compatiblity issues old field and stream names still use
|Source Field||Lytics User Field||Description||Type|
|map(account_id, account_status)||dm_account_status||Status by Dotmailer Account ID||map[string]string|
|map(join(account_id, address_book_id), address_book_status||dm_addressbook_status||Status by Dotmailer Addressbook ID||map[string]string|
|epochms()||dm_addressbook_status_ts||Date of Last Dotmailer Addressbook Status Update||date|
Follow these steps to set up an export Remove Contacts job for dotdigital. If you are new to creating jobs in Lytics, see the Jobs Dashboard documentation for more information.
- Select Dotdigital from the list of providers.
- Select the Remove Contacts job type from the list.
- Select the Authorization you would like to use or create a new one.
- Enter a Label to identify this job you are creating in Lytics.
- (Optional) Enter a Description for further context on your job.
- Select the audience to export (if applicable).
- Select the Email Field that contains the contact's email.
- Select the ID Field that contains the contact's Dotdigital ID.
- Select the Address-book Status Field that contains the contact's address-book statuses.
- Select One Time to do a one-time removal of the users in the audience.
- Select the Enter Action to take when a contact enters the audience. Note: removing may significantly increase API usage.
- Select the Exit Action to take when a contact exits the audience.
- (Optional) Toggle Show Advanced Options.
- Select Resubscribe With No Challenge to suppress Dotdigital's challenge email when the user is resubscribed, if possible.
- Select Sync Status to update the contact's address book status in Lytics.
- Select the Opt-in Type for the contacts that will be created. See the Dotdigital documentation for details.
- Select the Email Type of emails these contacts can receive.
- Select the Map Fields to map all the fields from Lytics to Dotdigital by selecting the Lytics field on the left, and its Dotdigital destination on the right. NOTE: Complex fields such as arrays and maps are not supported by Dotdigital.
- Enter a Work Tracking Slug to track the work. This slug should be a unique value.
- Click Start Job.