Dotdigital: Export Modified Contacts
Use the Export Modified Contacts workflow to keep your contacts' data fields up to date in Dotdigital.
- Implementation Type: Server-side.
- Implementation Technique: REST API.
- Frequency: Batch.
- Resulting data: Contacts, User fields.
This integration utilizes the Dotdigital APIs to send user data. Once the export is started the workflow will:
- Scan user profiles in the selected audience.
- Convert user profiles to Dotdigital contacts.
- Upload batches of contacts (up to 5000 contacts per batch) to Dotdigital.
- Sleep until the next scheduled export.
The following fields are included in the default mapping of the
NOTE: Dotmailer rebranded to Dotdigital in January 2019. Due to backwards compatiblity issues old field and stream names still use
|Source Field||Lytics User Field||Description||Type|
|account_id, account_status||dm_account_status||Status by Dotmailer Account ID||map[string]string|
|account_id, address_book_id, address_book_status||dm_addressbook_status||Status by Dotmailer Addressbook ID||map[string]string|
|epochms()||dm_addressbook_status_ts||Date of Last Dotmailer Addressbook Status Update||date|
Follow these steps to set up and configure an export of modified contacts from Dotdigital into Lytics.
- Navigate to the Integrations page and select the Dotdigital tile.
- Select Workflows from the menu on the left.
- Select Export Modified Contacts from the list of workflows.
- Select the Authorization you would like to use.
- From the Audience drop-down, select the audience of users to remove from Dotdigital.
- From the Email Field drop-down, select field that contains the contact's email.
- From the ID Field drop-down, select the field that contains the contact's Dotdigital ID.
- From the Modified Field drop-down, select the field that contains the last modified time.
- Click on the Show Advanced Options tab to expand the advanced configuration.
- From the Opt-in Type drop-down, select the opt-in type for the contacts that will be created. See Dotdigital's documentation for details.
- From the Email Type drop-down, select the type of emails these contacts can receive.
- From the Map Fields input, map all the fields from Lytics to Dotdigital by selecting the Lytics field on the left, and its Dotdigital destination on the right. NOTE: Non scalar fields such as arrays and maps are not supported by Dotdigital.
- Select the Keep Updated checkbox to run this export repeatedly.
- From the File Export Frequency drop-down, select how often a continuous export should export a new file. The default is daily.
- From the Time of Day drop-down, select what time of day a daily, weekly, or monthly export should export. The default is midnight.
- From the Timezone drop-down, select the timezone for the time of day.
- From the Work Tracking Slug text input, enter a slug to use to track the work. This slug should be unique.
- Click the Start Export button to start the export.