Dotdigital: Export Modified Contacts
Use the Export Modified Contacts job type to keep your contacts' data fields up to date in Dotdigital.
- Implementation Type: Server-side.
- Implementation Technique: REST API.
- Frequency: Batch.
- Resulting data: Contacts, User fields.
This integration utilizes the Dotdigital APIs to send user data. Once the export is started the job will:
- Scan user profiles in the selected audience.
- Convert user profiles to Dotdigital contacts.
- Upload batches of contacts (up to 5000 contacts per batch) to Dotdigital.
- Sleep until the next scheduled export.
The following fields are included in the default mapping of the
NOTE: Dotmailer rebranded to Dotdigital in January 2019. Due to backwards compatiblity issues old field and stream names still use
|Source Field||Lytics User Field||Description||Type|
|account_id, account_status||dm_account_status||Status by Dotmailer Account ID||map[string]string|
|account_id, address_book_id, address_book_status||dm_addressbook_status||Status by Dotmailer Addressbook ID||map[string]string|
|epochms()||dm_addressbook_status_ts||Date of Last Dotmailer Addressbook Status Update||date|
Follow these steps to set up an export of modified contacts job for Dotdigital. If you are new to creating jobs in Lytics, see the Jobs Dashboard documentation for more information.
- Select Dotdigital from the list of providers.
- Select the Export Modified Contacts job type from the list.
- Select the Authorization you would like to use or create a new one.
- Enter a Label to identify this job you are creating in Lytics.
- (Optional) Enter a Description for further context on your job.
- Select the audience to export.
- Select the Email Field that contains the contact's email.
- Select the ID Field that contains the contact's Dotdigital ID.
- Select the Modified Field that contains the last modified time.
- Select the Content Collection to include recommendations from Lytics. If not selected, no recommendations are sent to Dotdigital.
- (Optional) Toggle Show Advanced Options.
- Select the Opt-in Type to configure the opt-in type for the contacts that will be created. See Dotdigital's documentation for details.
- Select the Email Type to configure the type of emails these contacts can receive.
- Select the Map Fields to map all the fields from Lytics to Dotdigital by selecting the Lytics field on the left, and its Dotdigital destination on the right. NOTE: Non scalar fields such as arrays and maps are not supported by Dotdigital.
- Select the Map Recommendation Fields to map all the recommender fields from Lytics to Dotdigital by selecting the Lytics field on the left, and its Dotdigital destination on the right. NOTE: Complex fields such as sets and maps are not supported by Dotdigital. This field is required if a Content Collection is set.
- Select Keep Updated to run this export continuously.
- Select the File Export Frequency to configure how often a continuous export should export a new file. The default is daily.
- Select the Time of Day to configure what time of day a daily, weekly, or monthly export should export. The default is midnight.
- Select the Timezone to configure the timezone for the Time of Day.
- Enter a Work Tracking Slug to track the work. This slug should be a unique value.
- Click Start Export.