Dotdigital: Export Multiple Audiences
Export multiple Lytics audiences to existing Dotdigital address books, which can then be used for campaigns using any of Dotdigital's supported channels.
- Implementation Type: Server-side.
- Implementation Technique: REST API.
- Frequency: Batch, real-time.
- Resulting data: Contacts, user fields.
This integration utilizes the Dotdigital APIs to send user data. Once the export is started the job will:
- Request the Dotdigital account information.
- Get all address books in the account.
- Verify the selected address book exists, or create a new address book if configured to do so.
- For each user entering the Lytics audience, or existing member of the audience, (depending on Trigger Join Actions setting) either:
- Add user to be uploaded in bulk to Dotdigital.
- Add user directly to the address book.
- If the user is unsubscribed, try to resubscribe them to the address book, or resubscribe with no challenge, if configured to resubscribe.
- For each user exiting the Lytics audience, one of three actions can be selected:
- Ignore: do nothing.
- Unsubscribe: unsubscribe the user from the Dotdigital address book.
- Remove: remove the user from the address book.
- Update the user's Dotdigital status via the
dotmailer_export_statusstream if Sync Status is selected.
The following fields are included in the default mapping of the
|Source Field||Lytics User Field||Description||Type|
|account_id, account_status||dm_account_status||Status by Dotmailer Account ID||map[string]string|
|account_id, address_book_id, address_book_status||dm_addressbook_status||Status by Dotmailer Addressbook ID||map[string]string|
|epochms()||dm_addressbook_status_ts||Date of Last Dotmailer Addressbook Status Update||date|
Follow these steps to set up an export of contacts in multiple segments job for dotdigital. If you are new to creating jobs in Lytics, see the Jobs Dashboard documentation for more information.
NOTE: Dotmailer rebranded to Dotdigital in January 2019. Due to backwards compatiblity issues old field and stream names still use
- Select Dotdigital from the list of providers.
- Select the Export Multiple Audiences job type from the list.
- Select the Authorization you would like to use or create a new one.
- Enter a Label to identify this job you are creating in Lytics.
- (Optional) Enter a Description for further context on your job.
- Select the Audience to export.
- Select Map Audiences to map all the fields from Lytics to Dotdigital by selecting the Lytics field on the left, and its Dotdigital destination on the right. NOTE: Non-scalar fields such as arrays and maps are not supported by Dotdigital.
- Select the Email Field to configure the field that contains the contact's email.
- Select the ID Field to configure the field that contains the contact's Dotdigital ID. This may be a map field if importing users from multiple accounts.
- Select One Time to perform a one time export of the selected audiences.
- Select Content Collection to to include recommendations from Lytics. If not selected, no recommendations are sent to Dotdigital.
- (Optional) Toggle Show Advanced Options (if applicable).
- Select Trigger Join Actions for contacts to trigger actions when added to the address book. Note: this will significantly increase API usage.
- Select Resubscribe for contacts to be resubscribed to address books. Address-book level resubscribes are only supported for exports triggering join actions. Bulk exports will only resubscribe contacts if they have been suppressed at the account level.
- Select Resubscribe With No Challenge for contacts to be resubscribed to address books without triggering a confirmation email. Address-book level resubscribes are only supported for exports triggering join actions. Bulk exports will only resubscribe contacts if they have been suppressed at the account level.\
- Select Sync Status for contact's address book status to be updated in Lytics.
- Select Map Recommendation Fields to map all the recommender fields from Lytics to Dotdigital by selecting the Lytics field on the left, and its Dotdigital destination on the right. NOTE: Complex fields such as sets and maps are not supported by Dotdigital. This field is required if a Content Collection is set.
- Enter Work Tracking Slug to track the work. This slug should be a unique value.
- Click Start Export.