Dotdigital: Export Contacts Multi Segment
Export multiple Lytics audiences to existing Dotdigital address books, which can then be used for campaigns using any of Dotdigital's supported channels.
- Implementation Type: Server-side.
- Implementation Technique: REST API.
- Frequency: Batch, real-time.
- Resulting data: Contacts, user fields.
This integration utilizes the Dotdigital APIs to send user data. Once the export is started the workflow will:
- Request the Dotdigital account information.
- Get all address books in the account.
- Verify the selected address book exists, or create a new address book if configured to do so.
- For each user entering the Lytics audience, or existing member of the audience, (depending on Trigger Join Actions setting) either:
- If the user is unsubscribed, try to resubscribe them to the address book, or resubscribe with no challenge, if configured to resubscribe.
- For each user exiting the Lytics audience, one of three actions can be selected:
- Ignore: do nothing.
- Unsubscribe: unsubscribe the user from the Dotdigital address book.
- Remove: remove the user from the address book.
- Update the user's Dotdigital status via the
dotmailer_export_statusstream if Sync Status is selected.
The following fields are included in the default mapping of the
|Source Field||Lytics User Field||Description||Type|
|account_id, account_status||dm_account_status||Status by Dotmailer Account ID||map[string]string|
|account_id, address_book_id, address_book_status||dm_addressbook_status||Status by Dotmailer Addressbook ID||map[string]string|
|epochms()||dm_addressbook_status_ts||Date of Last Dotmailer Addressbook Status Update||date|
Follow these steps to set up and configure an export of contacts in multiple segments from Dotdigital into Lytics.
NOTE: Dotmailer rebranded to Dotdigital in January 2019. Due to backwards compatiblity issues old field and stream names still use
- Navigate to the Integrations page and select the Dotdigital tile.
- Select Workflows from the menu on the left.
- Select Export Contacts Multi Segment from the list of workflows.
- Select the Authorization you would like to use.
- From the Audience input, select which Lytics Audience(s) to export to Dotdigital.
- From the Map Audiences input, map all Lytics Audiences to Dotdigital address books by selecting the Lytics audience on the left, and its Dotdigital destination on the right.
- From the Email Field input, select the field that contains the contact's email.
- From the ID Field input, select the field that contains the contact's Dotdigital ID. This may be a map field if importing users from multiple accounts.
- Select the One Time checkbox to do a one time export of the selected audiences.
- Click on the Show Advanced Options tab to expand the advanced configuration.
- From the Opt-in Type drop-down, select the opt-in type for the contacts that will be created. See the Dotdigital documentation for details.
- From the Email Type input, select the type of emails these contacts can receive.
- From the Map Fields , map all the fields from Lytics to Dotdigital by selecting the Lytics field on the left, and its Dotdigital destination on the right. NOTE: Non-scalar fields such as arrays and maps are not supported by Dotdigital.
- From the Exit Action drop-down, select the action to take when an entity exits the segment. Note: unsubscribing will significantly increase API usage.
- If the Trigger Join Actions checkbox is selected, contacts will trigger join actions when added to the address book. Note: this will significantly increase API usage.
- If the Resubscribe checkbox is selected, contacts will be resubscribed to address books. Address-book level resubscribes are only supported for exports triggering join actions. Bulk exports will only resubscribe contacts if they have been suppressed at the account level.
- If the Resubscribe With No Challenge checkbox is selected, then contacts will be resubscribed to address books without triggering a confirmation email. Address-book level resubscribes are only supported for exports triggering join actions. Bulk exports will only resubscribe contacts if they have been suppressed at the account level.
- If the Sync Status checkbox is selected, then contact's address book status will be updated in Lytics.
- In the Work Tracking Slug box, enter a slug to use to track the work. This slug should be unique.
- Click the Start Export button to start the work.