Dotdigital: Export Contacts
Export Lytics audiences to a Dotdigital Engagement Cloud address book, which can then be used for campaigns using any of Dotdigital's supported channels.
- Implementation Type: Server-side.
- Implementation Technique: REST API.
- Frequency: Real-time.
- Resulting data: Metrics, Dotdigital contacts.
This integration utilizes the Dotdigital APIs to send user data. Once the export is started the workflow will:
- Request the Dotdigital account information.
- Get all address books in the account.
- Verify the selected address book exists, or create a new address book if configured to do so.
- For each user entering the Lytics audience, or existing member of the audience, (depending on Trigger Join Actions setting) either:
- If the user is unsubscribed, try to resubscribe them to the address book, or resubscribe with no challenge, if configured to resubscribe.
- For each user exiting the Lytics audience, one of three actions can be selected:
- Ignore: do nothing.
- Unsubscribe: unsubscribe the user from the Dotdigital address book.
- Remove: remove the user from the address book.
- Update the user's Dotdigital status via the
dotmailer_export_statusstream if Sync Status is selected.
The following fields are included in the default mapping of the
NOTE: Dotmailer rebranded to Dotdigital in January 2019. Due to backwards compatiblity issues old field and stream names still use
|Source Field||Lytics User Field||Description||Type|
|account_id, account_status||dm_account_status||Status by Dotmailer Account ID||map[string]string|
|account_id, address_book_id, address_book_status||dm_addressbook_status||Status by Dotmailer Addressbook ID||map[string]string|
|epochms()||dm_addressbook_status_ts||Date of Last Dotmailer Addressbook Status Update||date|
Follow these steps to set up and configure an export of contacts to Dotdigital from Lytics.
- Navigate to the Integrations page and select the Dotdigital tile.
- Select Workflows from the menu on the left.
- Select Export Contacts from the list of workflows.
- Select the Authorization you would like to use.
- From the Audience drop-down, select the audience of users to export to Dotdigital.
- From the Existing Address Book drop-down, select the address book to add contacts to. If you want to create a new address book enter the name in the
New Address Book Namefield below.
- From the New Address Book Name box, enter a new address book name to be created in Dotdigital. If left blank, it will default to 'Lytics + audience name'. NOTE: this will only be used if the 'Existing Address Book' is left blank.
- From the Email Field drop-down, select the field that contains the contact's email.
- From the ID Field drop-down, select the field that contains the contact's Dotdigital ID. This may be a map field if importing users from multiple accounts.
- If the One Time checkbox is selected, the export will do a one time export of the audience.
- Click on the Show Advanced Options tab to expand the advanced configuration.
- From the Address Book Status Field drop-down, select the field that contains the address book status. This will also sync address book status in Lytics. Any address books with a status of 'syncing' will be added to Dotdigital. Note: This will ignore both the 'New Address Book Name' and the 'Existing Address Book' fields.
- From the Opt-in Type drop-down, select the opt-in type for the contacts that will be created. See Dotdigital's documentation for details.
- From the Email Type drop-down, select the type of emails these contacts can receive.
- From the Map Fields input, map all the fields from Lytics to Dotdigital by selecting the Lytics field on the left, and its Dotdigital destination on the right. NOTE: non-scalar fields such as arrays and maps are not supported by Dotdigital.
- From the Exit Action drop-down, select the action to take when an entity exits the segment. Note: unsubscribing will significantly increase API usage.
- If the Trigger Join Actions checkbox is selected, contacts will trigger join actions when added to the address book. Note: this will significantly increase API usage.
- If the Resubscribe checkbox is selected, contacts will be resubscribed to address books. Address-book level resubscribes are only supported for exports triggering join actions. Bulk exports will only resubscribe contacts if they have been suppressed at the account level.
- If the Resubscribe With No Challenge checkbox is selected, then contacts will be resubscribed to address books without triggering a confirmation email. Address-book level resubscribes are only supported for exports triggering join actions. Bulk exports will only resubscribe contacts if they have been suppressed at the account level.
- If the Sync Status checkbox is selected, then the contact's address book status will be updated in Lytics.
- From the Disable Deduplication checkbox, selecting this will disable deduplication of events.
- In the Work Tracking Slug box, enter a slug to use to track the work. This slug should be unique.
- Click the Start Export button to start the work.