Dotdigital: Export Contacts
Export Lytics audiences to a Dotdigital Engagement Cloud address book, which can then be used for campaigns using any of Dotdigital's supported channels.
- Implementation Type: Server-side.
- Implementation Technique: REST API.
- Frequency: Real-time.
- Resulting data: Metrics, Dotdigital contacts.
This integration utilizes the Dotdigital APIs to send user data. Once the export is started the job will:
- Request the Dotdigital account information.
- Get all address books in the account.
- Verify the selected address book exists, or create a new address book if configured to do so.
- For each user entering the Lytics audience, or existing member of the audience, (depending on Trigger Join Actions setting) either:
- If the user is unsubscribed, try to resubscribe them to the address book, or resubscribe with no challenge, if configured to resubscribe.
- For each user exiting the Lytics audience, one of three actions can be selected:
- Ignore: do nothing.
- Unsubscribe: unsubscribe the user from the Dotdigital address book.
- Remove: remove the user from the address book.
- Update the user's Dotdigital status via the
dotmailer_export_statusstream if Sync Status is selected.
The following fields are included in the default mapping of the
NOTE: Dotmailer rebranded to Dotdigital in January 2019. Due to backwards compatiblity issues old field and stream names still use
|Source Field||Lytics User Field||Description||Type|
|account_id, account_status||dm_account_status||Status by Dotmailer Account ID||map[string]string|
|account_id, address_book_id, address_book_status||dm_addressbook_status||Status by Dotmailer Addressbook ID||map[string]string|
|epochms()||dm_addressbook_status_ts||Date of Last Dotmailer Addressbook Status Update||date|
Follow these steps to set up an export of contacts for Dotdigital. If you are new to creating jobs in Lytics, see the Jobs Dashboard documentation for more information.
- Select Dotdigital from the list of providers.
- Select the Export Audiences from the list.
- Select the Authorization you would like to use or create a new one.
- Enter a Label to identify this job you are creating in Lytics.
- (Optional) Enter a Description for further context on your job.
- Select the audience to export.
- Select the Exisiting Address Book to configure the address book to add contacts to. If you want to create a new address book, enter the name in the New Address Book Name field.
- Enter New Address Book Name to create a new address book in dotdigital. If left blank, a new address book name will be created by default following this format:
audience name. A new address book will only be created if the Exisiting Address Book is not configured.
- Select the Email Field that contains the contact's email.
- Select the ID Field that contains the contact's dotdigital ID. This may be a map field if importing users from multiple accounts.
- Select One Time to do a one time export of the audience.
- (Optional) Toggle Show Advanced Options.
- Select the Address Book Status Field to configure the field that contains the address book status. This will also sync address book status in Lytics. Any address books with a status of 'syncing' will be added to dotdigital. This will ignore both the New Address Book Name and the Existing Address Book' fields.
- Select the Opt-in Type for the contacts that will be created. See Dotdigital's documentation for details.
- Select the Email Type of emails these contacts can receive.
- Select the Map Fields to map all the fields from Lytics to dotdigital by selecting the Lytics field on the left, and its dotdigital destination on the right. NOTE: non-scalar fields such as arrays and maps are not supported by Dotdigital.
- Select the Exit Action to configure the action to take when an entity exits the segment. Note: unsubscribing will significantly increase API usage.
- Select Trigger Join Actions for contacts to trigger join actions when added to the address book. Note: this will significantly increase API usage.
- Select Resubscribe for contacts to be resubscribed to address books. Address-book level resubscribes are only supported for exports triggering join actions. Bulk exports will only resubscribe contacts if they have been suppressed at the account level.
- Select Resubscribe With No Challenge for contacts to be resubscribed to address books without triggering a confirmation email. Address-book level resubscribes are only supported for exports triggering join actions. Bulk exports will only resubscribe contacts if they have been suppressed at the account level.
- Select Sync Status for the contact's address book status to be updated in Lytics.
- Select Disable Deduplication to disable deduplication of events.
- Select the Content Collection to include recommendations from Lytics. If not selected, no recommendations are sent to dotdigital.
- Select the Map Recommendation Fields to map all the recommender fields from Lytics to dotdigital by selecting the Lytics field on the left, and its dotdigital destination on the right. NOTE: Complex fields such as arrays and maps are not supported by dotdigital.
- Enter a Work Tracking Slug to track the work. This slug should be a unique value.
- Click Start Job.