Customer.io: Export Users
Exporting your Lytics audiences to Customer.io will create or update user data in Customer.io.
- Implementation Type: Server-side.
- Implementation Technique: REST APIs with audience triggers.
- Frequency: Real-time.
- Resulting Data: Lytics users that are a member of the selected audience(s) are exported to Customer.io.
This integration utilizes Customer.io API to send user data. Once the user initiates the export job, it will send the user data that is in the selected audience. For each user to export, it will create or update the user in Customer.io with the user fields selected during configuration as attributes.
Customer.io supports the following fields as listed in their documentation:
- ID (required): which is used to identify the customer
- Email: email address for the user
- Attributes: Additional attributes that define the user.
Lytics allows you to send other user data fields as Extra Attributes in the job configuration.
Follow these steps to set up and configure an export job for Customer.io in the Lytics platform. If you are new to creating jobs in Lytics, see the Jobs Dashboard documentation for more information.
- Select Customer.io from the list of providers.
- Select the Export Audiences job type from the list.
- Select the Authorization you would like to use or create a new one.
- Enter a Label to identify this job you are creating in Lytics.
- (Optional) Enter a Description for further context on your job.
- From the Audience Name input, Select the Lytics audience to export to Customer.io.
- From the Unique Identifier Field input, select the Lytics user field that will be used to identify users in Customer.io.
- From the Email field input, select the field name that contains the user's email.
- (Optional) From the Extra Attributes input, select list of extra attributes to send to customer.io.
- (Optional) Select the Existing Users checkbox to immediately trigger pushes to users who currently exist in the selected Lytics audience.
- Click Start Export.