Customer.io: Export Users
Exporting your Lytics audiences to Customer.io will create or update user data in Customer.io. This document covers the following topics:
- Implementation Type: Server-side.
- Implementation Technique: REST APIs with audience triggers.
- Frequency: Real-time.
- Resulting Data: Lytics users that are a member of the selected audience(s) are exported to Customer.io.
This integration utilizes Customer.io API to send user data. Once the user initiates the workflow, it will send the user data that is in the selected audience. For each user to export, it will create or update the user in Customer.io with the user fields selected during configuration as attributes.
Customer.io supports the following fields as listed in their documentation:
- ID (required): which is used to identify the customer
- Email: email address for the user
- Attributes: Additional attributes that define the user.
Lytics allows you to send other user data fields as Extra Attributes in the workflow configuration.
Listed below are instructions on how to setup and configure the audience export to Customer.io.
- Navigate to the Integrations page and select the Customer.io tile.
- Select Workflows from the menu on the left and click New Workflow.
- Select Export Users.
- Select the authorization you would like to use.
- Select a field from the Email Field dropdown if you would like to use a non-default user field for email.
- Select Lytics fields from Extra Attributes that will be sent to Customer.io
- Using the Audience Name dropdown, you may select Lytics audiences to export to Customer.io
- With Unique Identifier Field option, you can select the Lytics user field that will be used to identify users in Customer.io
Click Start Export to begin the workflow.