Custom Integrations: JSON Import
Lytics allows you to import data via a JSON file for data sources we do not natively integrate with.
- Implementation Type: Server-side.
- Implementation Technique: File based transfer.
- Frequency: Batch, once a day at a scheduled time.
- Resulting data: User profiles once the imported data is mapped via LQL.
This integration parses JSON files and imports fields and associated data. The JSON file must be a JSON New Line Delimited file where each line contains a single record. Please see Custom Data Ingestion for more information on file naming, field formatting, headers, timestamps, etc. Once the integration is started it will:
- Connect to the SFTP server.
- Navigate to the configured folder.
- Read the selected JSON file.
- Import all the fields in the JSON file.
Once you choose the file to import during configuration, Lytics will read the file and list all the fields that can be imported. You may select fields that you wish to import.
Follow these steps to set up and configure an import job for Custom in the Lytics platform. If you are new to creating jobs in Lytics, see the Jobs Dashboard documentation for more information.
- Select Custom from the list of providers.
- Select the Import JSON job type from the list.
- Select the Authorization you would like to use or create a new one.
- Enter a Label to identify this job you are creating in Lytics.
- (Optional) Enter a Description for further context on your job.
- Complete the configuration steps for your job.
- From the Stream input, select the data stream where the data will be posted or enter a name to create a new stream.
- (Optional) From the Folder input, select the folder where the JSON file is located.
- (Optional) From the File input, select the file to import. Listing files may take up to a couple minutes after the bucket is chosen.
- (Optional) From the Timestamp Field input, select the field name that contains the timestamp of an event. If no field is specified, the event will be time stamped with the time of the import.
- (Optional) Select the Keep Updated checkbox, to continuously run this import.
- (Optional) Toggle Show Advanced Options tab to expand the advanced configuration.
- (Optional) In the Prefix text box, enter the file name prefix. You may use regular expressions for pattern matching. The prefix must match the file name up to the timestamp. A precalculated prefix derived from the selected file will be available as a dropdown.
- (Optional) From the Time of Day input, select time of day to start importing each day.
- (Optional) From the Timezone input, select the timezone for the time of day you selected above.
- Click Start Import.