AWS Kinesis: Export Audience Triggers
Send Lytics audience event triggers to your AWS Kinesis Data Streams to trigger a message when a user enters or exits a Lytics audience.
- Implementation Type: Server-side.
- Type: REST API.
- Frequency: Real-time, with an optional one-time backfill of the audience after setup.
- Resulting Data: Event Data published to AWS Kinesis Stream.
The fields included depend on the raw event in Lytics. All fields in the event for users within the selected audience will be included in the data published to your AWS Kinesis Data Stream.
Follow these steps to set up and configure the AWS Kinesis Trigger job in Lytics Platform. If you are new to creating jobs in Lytics, see the Jobs Dashboard documentation for more information.
- Select Amazon Web Services from the list of providers.
- Select the Export Audience Triggers job type from the list.
- Select the Authorization you would like to use or create a new one.
- Enter a Label to identify this job you are creating in Lytics.
- (Optional) Enter a Description for further context on your job.
- From the Audiences list, select the Lytics audiences with events you want to send to the Kinesis Stream.
- From the Stream Region drop-down, select the AWS region for the Kinesis Stream.
- From the Kinesis Stream drop-down, select the AWS Kinesis Stream that you want to publish Lytics events.
- (Optional) Using AWS Role ARN input, enter the Role ARN that will be used if you selected the delegated authorization method.
- (Optional) From the User Identifier Field drop-down, select the field that will be used as Kinesis Partition Key.
- (Optional) Select the Existing Users checkbox to enable a backfill of current members of the audience(s) as enter event.
- Click Start Export.