Amazon Pinpoint: Send Messages
You can use Lytics to send messages to your customers via various AWS Pinpoint channels (Email/SMS/GCM/APNS) when they enter a Lytics audience.
- Implementation Type: Server-side.
- Implementation Technique: REST API with audience triggers.
- Frequency: Real-time.
- Resulting data: A notification message sent to users entering the selected Lytics audiences. The message can be populated with Lytics profile data for the user depending on the workflow configuration.
The workflow uses the Pinpoint API to send the Email, SMS, APNS and GCM messages. Before you can set up this workflow, you must enable the desired channel in your AWS Pinpoint project via which you would like to send a notification message. Once started, this workflow will proceed as follows.
- If backfill is enabled, construct the message with the
user fields(if any) and send the notification message to each user using the configured channel.
- For each user entering the selected audience, construct the message with the
user fields(if any) and send the notification message using the configured channel.
As mentioned above, the notification message can be configured with
user fields so that it can be populated with corresponding user field values and the resulting message will be sent to the user using your chosen AWS Pinpoint channels.
Please refer to the Templating section for more information on configuring messages with the desired user fields.
Follow these steps to set up and configure the Send Message to Channel workflow in the Lytics platform.
- From Data > Integrations, select Amazon AWS Services.
- Select New workflow.
- Select Send Messages using Pinpoint workflow.
- Select the authorization you would like to use. If you haven't added an authorization yet, click Add new authorization. See the Authorization document for more details.
- From the Audience input, select the Lytics audiences to send the notification message.
- (Optional) Select the Existing Users checkbox to send the message to users who are already in the selected Lytics audiences.
- Using the Region dropdown, select the AWS region that your Pinpoint project resides in.
- Using the Pinpoint Project dropdown, select the AWS Pinpoint project you would like to use.
- Using the Pinpoint Channel Type dropdown, select the Pinpoint channel type to send the message.
- From the Endpoint Address Field dropdown, select the Lytics user field that contains the address that uniquely identifies the device or email to send messages to.
- (Required except for SMS) In the Title field, enter the title to display above the notification message on the recipient's device. If you are sending an email notification, this would be the subject for the email.
- In the Body field, enter the body of the notification message/Email/SMS.
Click Show Advanced Options to set additional configuration option, all of which are optional:
(For Email Channel Only) In the From Email Address field, enter the verified email address to send the email message from. The default value is the FromAddress specified in Pinpoint for the email channel.
- (For Email Channel Only) In the Reply To Address field, enter the reply-to email address(es) for the email message. If a recipient replies to the email, each reply-to address receives the reply. For multiple email addresses, please separate them using a comma.
- (For Apple/GCM Channel) Using the Action dropdown, select the action to occur if the recipient taps the notification message. Please refer to Pinpoint documentation on Action for more information.
- (For Apple/GCM Channel) In the URL field, enter the URL to open in the recipient's default mobile browser, if a recipient taps the notification message and the value of the Action property in above input is URL.
- (For Apple/GCM Channel) Using the Priority dropdown, select the Priority for the message you are sending.
- (For Apple/GCM Channel) Check the Silent Push checkbox to send the message as a silent notification message .
- (For Apple/GCM Channel) In the Sound field, enter the name of the sound file in your app's main bundle or the Library/Sounds folder in your app's data container. If the sound file cannot be found or you specify default for the value, the system plays the default alert sound.
- (For SMS Channel Only) In the Keyword field, enter the SMS program name that you provided to AWS Support when you requested your dedicated number.
- (For SMS Channel Only) In the Origination Number field, enter the number to send the SMS message from. The phone number or short code that you specify has to be associated with your Amazon Pinpoint account.
- Using the Message Type dropdown, select the SMS message type. If you plan to send time-sensitive content, specify TRANSACTIONAL. If you plan to send marketing-related content, specify PROMOTIONAL. Please refer to Pinpoint documentation on Message Type for more information.
- (For SMS Channel Only) In the Sender ID field, enter the Sender ID to display as the sender of the message on a recipient's device.
- Click Start Export to begin the workflow.