Amazon Pinpoint Import
Import email, push, or mobile activity from Amazon Pinpoint to add behavior data to your user profiles in Lytics.
- Implementation Type: Server-side.
- Implementation Technique: REST API.
- Frequency: Real-time.
- Resulting data: Raw event data.
Importing Pinpoint activity into Lytics requires setting up an export of Pinpoint Events to Kinesis. See Amazon's documentation for more information, and follow these instructions to set it up via the Pinpoint UI.
This integration uses the Amazon Kinesis Data Streams Service APIs to get Pinpoint activity records from the Kinesis stream in near real-time. You can then start the Pinpoint import workflow in Lytics.
- Once the import is started, the Pinpoint events will be continuously read off the Kinesis stream into Lytics in near real-time. Data is pulled from Kinesis via the GetRcords endpoint.
- The activity data will be ingested into the Lytics data stream
The following fields are included in the default mapping of the
|Source Field||Lytics User Field||Description||Type|
|last_active_ts||Last Active on Any Channel||date|
|event_type||pinpoint_clickct||Pinpoint Click Count||int|
|pinpoint_firstclick_ts||Pinpoint First Click||date|
|pinpoint_hourly_open||Pinpoint Hourly event_types||map[string]intsum|
|pinpoint_hourofweek||Pinpoint Hour of Week event_types||map[string]intsum|
|pinpoint_last_open_ts||Pinpoint Last Open||date|
|pinpoint_lastclick_ts||Pinpoint Last Click||date|
|pinpoint_monthly||Pinpoint Opens By Month||map[string]intsum|
|event_type||pinpoint_openct||Pinpoint Open Count||int|
|event_type||pinpoint_sendct||Pinpoint Send Count||int|
|endpoint.Status||pinpoint_status||Pinpoint Endpoint Status||string|
Follow these steps to set up and configure an import of Pinpoint activity in the Lytics platform.
- From Data > Integrations, select the Amazon AWS Services tile.
- Click on New workflow button.
- Select Pinpoint Import workflow.
- From the Region input, enter the AWS region that the Kinesis stream resides in (e.g.
- From the Kinesis Stream input, enter the AWS Kinesis stream that is connected to the Pinpoint activity.
- Click Start Import.
If activity data is avaiable in the Kinesis Pinpoint stream, the data will appear in Lytics within a few minutes.