Amazon Pinpoint: Export Audiences
Export Lytics audiences to add audience membership data to your Pinpoint endpoints, and send targeted notifications using Pinpoint as users enter or exit Lytics audiences.
- Implementation Type: Server-side.
- Implementation Technique: REST API.
- Frequency: Real-time.
- Resulting data: User fields.
- As users enter or exit the Lytics audience, a new event is sent with the identifier
lytics_audiencewith the slug of the exported Lytics audience. For example,
lytics_highly_engagedis sent with the value
trueif they have entered the audience, and
falseif they have exited the audience.
- When building a campaign in Pinpoint, this attribute can be used to trigger a send event. In the Pinpoint campaign setup step "Choose when to send the campaign" you can target the attribute
Lytics Audiencefor when the exported Lytics audience slug is set to
- The Lytics audience is also added as a Pinpoint endpoint attribute which can be used in Pinpoint to create custom segments.
By default, Lytics exports the following fields to Pinpoint.
|Lytics User Field||Description||Pinpoint Field||Type|
|custom||Address Field||Address for channel||string|
Follow these steps to set up and configure an export of a Lytics audience to Pinpoint. If you are new to creating jobs in Lytics, see the Jobs Dashboard documentation for more information.
- Select Amazon AWS Services from the list of providers.
- Select the Export Audiences job type from the list.
- Select the Authorization you would like to use or create a new one.
- Enter a Label to identify this job you are creating in Lytics.
- (Optional) Enter a Description for further context on your job.
- From the Audience input, select Lytics Audiences to emit events from. Each enter/exit event from the selected audience will be sent as a Pinpoint email event.
- From the Region input, select the AWS region that Pinpoint resides in (e.g.
- From the Pinpoint Project input, select your Pinpoint Project.
- From the Pinpoint Channel Type input, select the channel type, e.g., Email or SMS, to send to (channel must first be activated in Pinpoint).
- From the Address Field input, select the Lytics field that contains the user's endpoint address for the selected channel, e.g. "Email Address" if the selected channel type is "EMAIL".
- (Optional) From the User ID Field input, select the Lytics field that contains the user's unique ID that is used in Pinpoint to tie channel endpoints together.
- Select the Existing Users checkbox to send an enter event for users who are already in the selected Lytics audience.
- Click Start Export.
If the Existing Users option is selected, audience data should be in Pinpoint within minutes. Otherwise, data will be seen when a new user enters or exits the exported audience.
In Pinpoint, segments can be created to target the Lytics audience by defining a segment with the exported Lytics segment slug name set to true.