Amazon DSP: Export Audience
Cloud Connect Users please refer to the Amazon DSP Hashed Email Documentation on Lytics Cloud Connect Community.
- Implementation Type: Client-side and Server-side.
- Frequency: Real-time.
- Resulting data: A Lytics audience is exported to Amazon with the prefix
- The user's browser will send an event to Lytics with the user's cookie ID.
- The user's browser will send a request to the Amazon cookie sync endpoint with Lytics' Data Provider ID and the user's cookie ID.
- Amazon will map the Lytics cookie ID to a cookie ID in their system.
Hashed Identifier Upload
Follow the instructions to create a Upload Hashed Identifiers job in order to set up a hashed email mapping. This mapping must exist for 7 days before it can be used to sync a user to an audience via the Audience Export workflow.
Once an identifier mapping has been set up via either of the two methods described above, you are ready to export audiences to Amazon DSP. This workflow utilizes the Amazon Advertising API for Data Providers. Once the export is started the job will:
- Create an audience in Amazon corresponding to the Lytics audience being exported via Amazon's
/dp/audiencemetadata/endpoint. If an audience already exists, the job will use the pre-existing audience.
- Scan the Lytics audience for current members.
- For every audience member, add the member to the audience via the
- Listen continually for enter and exit events. Users will be added and removed from the audience in Amazon via the endpoint described in step 3 as they enter or exit the Lytics audience.
Follow these steps to set up and configure an export to Amazon DSP from Lytics. If you are new to creating jobs in Lytics, see the Jobs Dashboard documentation for more information.
- Select Amazon DSP from the list of providers.
- Select the export job type from the list.
- Select the Authorization you would like to use or create a new one.
- Enter a Label to identify this job you are creating in Lytics.
- (Optional) Enter a Description for further context on your job.
- Select the audience to export.
- Complete the configuration steps for your job.
- From the Profile ID input, select the Amazon DSP Profile/region you wish to export to.
- In the Advertiser ID text box, enter your Amazon DSP Advertiser ID.
- From the Match Method input, select the match method that was used for this audience. Select Cookie for audiences that have been synced via the JSTAG cookie sync, or Hashed Emails for audiences that have been synced via the Upload Hashed Identifers workflow.
- (optional) From the Email Field input, select the field that contains the user's email. One of either Email Field or Hashed Email Field is required if Match Method is set to Hashed Emails, and should match the field used in the Upload Hashed Identifiers job.
- (optional) From the Hashed Email Field input, select the field that contains the user's email, SHA 256 hashed. Make sure to trim whitespace from input email addresses and format them lowercase, with no accents or special characters, per the Amazon documentation. One of either Email Field or Hashed Email Field is required if Match Method is set to Hashed Emails, and should match the field used in the Upload Hashed Identifiers job.
(optional) Select the Existing Users checkbox, to immediately push users who currently exist in the selected Lytics audience. Deselecting will only push users as they leave or enter the audience.
Click the Start job button to start the job