Amazon DSP: Export Audience
- Implementation Type: Client-side and Server-side.
- Frequency: Real-time.
- Resulting data: A Lytics audience is exported to Amazon with the prefix
- The user's browser will send an event to Lytics with the user's cookie ID.
- The user's browser will send a request to the Amazon cookie sync endpoint with Lytics' Data Provider ID and the user's cookie ID.
- Amazon will map the Lytics cookie ID to a cookie ID in their system.
The server-side part of this integration utilizes the Amazon Advertising API for Data Providers. Once the export is started the job will:
- Create an audience in Amazon corresponding to the Lytics audience being exported via Amazon's
/dp/audiencemetadata/endpoint. If an audience already exists, the job will use the pre-existing audience.
- Scan the Lytics audience for current members.
- For every audience member, add the member to the audience via the
/dp/audience/endpoint. For the user to be successfully added to the audience, their cookie ID must have already been synced to Amazon via the client-side cookie sync described above.
- Listen continually for enter and exit events. Users will be added and removed from the audience in Amazon via the endpoint described in step 3 as they enter or exit the Lytics audience.
Follow these steps to set up and configure an export to Amazon DSP from Lytics. If you are new to creating jobs in Lytics, see the Jobs Dashboard documentation for more information.
- Select Amazon DSP from the list of providers.
- Select the Export Audiences job type from the list.
- Select the Authorization you would like to use or create a new one.
- Enter a Label to identify this job you are creating in Lytics.
- (Optional) Enter a Description for further context on your job.
- From the Profile ID input, select the Amazon DSP Profile/region you want to export to.
- From the Advertiser ID input, enter your Amazon DSP Advertiser ID.
- Select the Existing Users checkbox to immediately push users currently in the selected Lytics audience. Deselecting this option will only push users as they enter or exit the audience.
- Click Start Export.