Airship: Export Audience
Export your Lytics audiences to Airship to use Lytics-powered insights in your mobile campaigns. Use your advanced data science driven audiences in Lytics as your push targets in Airship.
- Implementation Type: Server-side.
- Implementation Technique: REST API with file based transfer.
- Frequency: One-time batch export, or continuous hourly, daily, weekly, or monthly exports where the time of day can be configured.
- Resulting Data: A new or existing list in Airship populated with channel identifiers from Lytics users.
This integration utilizes the Airship APIs to create a static list of users. Users without an email channel will be registered and associated with a named user ID if available. Once the user initiates an export, the workflow will:
- On the first run, the export will create a static list in Airship. If an existing list was selected during configuration, this step is skipped.
- Scan through the users in the Lytics audience.
- For any users with an email address, but no email channel ID, register the email address with Airship.
- Associate newly created email channel ID with the named user ID.
- Build a CSV containing user channel identifier types and identifiers.
- Update the list in Airship with the user CSV.
Note: Large audiences may take longer than an hour to export.
The following fields can be mapped for export as part of the audience export to Airship.
|Lytics User Field||Airship Field||Description||Type|
|User configurable||amazon_channel||Amazon channel UUID||string|
|User configurable||android_channel||Android channel UUID||string|
|User configurable||email_channel||Email channel UUID||string|
|User configurable||ios_channel||iOS channel UUID||string|
|User configurable||named_user||Named User channel UUID||string|
|User configurable||open_channel||Open channel UUID||string|
|User configurable||sms_channel||SMS channel UUID||string|
Follow these steps to set up and configure an export of Airship users in the Lytics platform.
Navigate to the Integrations page and select the Airship tile.
Select Workflows from the menu on the left.
- Select Export List from the list of workflows.
- Select the authorization you would like to use.
- (Required) From the Audience drop-down, select the Lytics audience you want to export to Airship.
- (Optional) From the List drop-down, select an existing static list to export the audience to. Either a List must be selected or a List Name must be entered below.
- (Optional) In the List Name text box, enter the name of a list to create in Airship. Either a List must be selected or a List Name must be entered.
- (Optional) From the Email Field drop-down, select the Lytics field that contains Email Address of the user. This Email will be used to register new users in Airship.
- (Optional) From the Named User ID Field drop-down, select a field to use when associating a newly registered email with a named user. If a field is selected, its value will be used as the named user id to associate the registered email with the named user. If left blank registered emails will not be associated with a named user.
Use the Identifier Field Mapping input to map the Lytics user field (on the left) to the Airship channel (right). Note: The Lytics field must contain the user's Airship channel UUID.
(Optional) Select the Commercial Opt-In Field which represents the date-time when the user subscribed to the Commercial emails.
- (Optional) Select the Commercial Opt-out Field which represents the date-time when the user unsubscribed from the Commercial emails.
- (Optional) Select the Transactional Opt-in Field which represents the date-time when the user subscribed to the Transactional emails.
(Optional) Select the Transactional Opt-out Field which represents the date-time when the user unsubscribed from the Transactional emails.
(Optional) Select the Keep Updated checkbox to run the export at a configurable frequency. The default is daily at midnight UTC.
- (Optional) From the List Update Frequency drop-down, select the frequency you would like the export to run. Note: Large audiences may take more than an hour to export to Airship.
- (Optional) From the Time of Day drop-down, select the time of day the export should run for daily, weekly, and monthly exports.
- (Optional) From the Timezone drop-down, select the timezone to use for Time of Day.
- Click Start Export to begin the workflow.