Delete a Customer Profile
The GDPR and CCPA requirements grant the user in scope to request the removal of their personal data without undue delay. This guide provides instruction on how to delete a profile from Lytics via the Lytics UI. In addition, you can use the Lytics API to delete a customer profile, see Profile Deletion in our API documentation. A successful deletion request of a profile using the Lytics API will not update the status of a customer in the Lytics UI until the profile has been removed from Lytics. The removal is handled in background batch processes that will be fulfilled within 14 days.
- Log into your Lytics account.
- Click Audience > Find a user.
- Select the field you would like to search on from the drop-down menu. By default, Email is selected.
- In the Search box, enter the email address (or selected search term) of the customer who has requested removal.
- Select the desired customer from the results list.
- Click Delete user.
- A confirmation message will pop up, click Delete this user to confirm.
The customer will be marked for deletion and will be removed from Lytics within the GDPR required timeframe.