Working with Tag Managers
That being said, installation of the Lytics JS Tag is generally as simple as copying and pasting the snippet of code from the installation instructions in the Lytics app to a container within your Tag Manager, and then publishing to your live instance from there.
Installing using Google Tag Manager
Google Tag Manager (GTM) is recommended as a flexible and transparent Tag Manager. Follow the steps below to install the Lytics JS Tag using GTM.
- Log into your GTM account.
- Click New Tag and then Tag Configuration.
- Under the Custom header, select Custom HTML.
- Copy the Lytics JS Tag snippet and paste it here.
- Name it
- In the Triggering section, select All Pages.
- Click Save.
- Publish the container by clicking Submit.
- Navigate to your website and click on several pages to trigger sample event. Wait a few minutes for the traffic to be received.
- Check the Tag Installation Status at the top right of the installation page.
- If you are not seeing traffic received, try repeating steps 9-10 before trying the basic troubleshooting steps.