Version 3 Improvements
- Optimization of file size: Overall file size has been reduced by roughly 20% (15KB). It is now loaded over a single HTTP request vs. version 2 and below which required multiple HTTP requests to load all dependencies.
- Improved security and reliablity: Version 3 has no external dependencies, making it more secure and reliable in the most hostile of environments. This differs from version 2 and below which relied on third-party dependencies such as jQuery to leverage features such as the
loadidconfiguration option (used to assist in cross-domain identity resolution).
- Expanded configuration options: Version 3 introduces much more granular configurations that both protects end users from misconfiguring things by default and offers a great deal of control when tweaking various aspects of the tag for your particular environment.
- Improved testing and debugging support: Version 3 introduces a far superior interface for surfacing log information client-side, resulting in more efficient debugging and diagnostics for the end user and Lytics Support alike. Version 2 and below required deep familiarity with the inner workings of JStag to verify that all aspects were working as designed.
- Improved Single Page App support: Version 3 surfaces much more direct and friendly Single Page Apps (SPA) support. SPAs have always been supported by version 2 and below, but it required significant involvement from an Engineer on the customer side to integrate properly and work around edge cases. Though Lytics always recommends working closely with an Engineer familiar with nuances of your particular asset, JStag version 3 requires less heavy lifting.
- Future-proof architecture: One of the biggest challenges surrounding version 2 and below was the lack of architectural flexibility. Version 3 introduces a more modular plugin architecture that can adapt efficiently as the CDP space and Lytics' feature set continues to expand in the future. In addition, this architecture offers interesting capabilities for customers looking to build their own integration or tie into some of the various hooks that our out-of-the-box plugins leverage.